Save a Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to put together a Save a Dive Kit. Just trying to figure out what all you guys keep in yours and what you found to be the most helpful. I tried searching and did not find anything helpful. Thanks.

Victor

I have spares of: fin straps, mask strap, zip ties, mouth piece, snorkel keeper, O rings, snap clips (and male/female clips), LP inflator hose, octo holder, batteries, surgical tubing, a spare lens for my SL4/6, a spare mask, and a tool kit.

Spare fin strap
Spare snorkel keeper
Spare mouthpiece for reg
Mask strapO-ring kit
2 different picks for removing o-rings
Stainless Steel scuba multi-tool, with allen wrench that fits my reg
Gen purpose multi-tool (pliers, cutter, etc.)
small crescent wrench (for removing / tightening hoses)
Electrial tape (for taping finstraps)
Several different sizes of zip ties
Afrin
Set of small screwdrivers
Spare bulb for my dive light
Assorted batteries
- Backup for console dive computer
- Backup for wireless computer
- "C" cells for dive light (4)
Backup pencil for slate
Change for parking meters
A couple of spare retractor & hose clips
Small suntan lotion

I think scubaguy62 gave you the recipe for a good one, I would just addsome small screw drivers as well and some dive tools.

Well lets see now. What do I have in my RD kit?.

Set of spanners metric/imperial, set of hex spanners, two variable spanners, couple of screwdrivers, 2 pair of pliers (one blunt, one needle), spare LP hose, spare HP hose, spare LP inflator, IP gauge, mask and fin straps, O rings, OK lots of O rings, O ring piks, inspection mirror, spare buckles, couple of spider hooks, wetsuit cement and patches, drysuit patch kit, HP and LP port plugs, small and large vice grips, scissors and snips, small medical pack, couple of snorkle butterflies, reel of rope, lift bag and reel. There are numerous other bits also like a snap on adaptor to inflate tires but that just about covers it.

And it all packs into a nice fly fishing tackle box too.

I like to be prepared, what can I say.

Regards,
Paul.

I am building my first very own save a dive kit. I am a divemaster in training. I got my rescue dive kit together but now I need a good save a dive kit. Would you put anything else in the kit besides what you said in the other replies. I pasted them all into one document and plan on starting to work on it these next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Bridget

Although not what one might traditionally call save-a-dive kit items, the ones I most frequently lend out to other divers is my backup computer (hockey puck in a hose mount) and a $2 ball compass from Walmart that is usually the zipper pull on my gearbag.

Snorkel keepers, and the big rubber bands like those from disposable underwater cameras are quite versatile and you should have several of each.

Diving with a shop/resort you might not need to carry very much but a lot of my diving is out in the middle of no where. I carry everything from reg rebuild kits, extra regs, tools, hoses, an o-ring kit and sometimes an extra dry suit.

Your kit grows over time.

Rather than reg parts, rebuild kits and necessary tools; I carry a spare regulator with me (on the day boat) and keep a 2nd rig back in the room. I also carry a spare computer.

Things I have actually used (usually for someone else on the boat) rgulator, mask, fin straps, yoke o-ring, tank neck o-ring, scubatool, computer, duct tape, HP spool o-ring, silicone lube, christolube, computer battery.

I can only think of two things that I have, that I didnt see mentioned anywhere else, and that is zip ties and toothpaste. Zip ties can be used for a number of things, and I have used the toothpaste on more than one occasion to clean my mask if it starts fogging up on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom