Suggestion SB Setting Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Ted S

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
PM size/ count limits, Photo size limits, Avatar size limits, etc...

Do any of our settings interfere with what you want to do here? Are you running out of PM space? Do you want larger avatars? More IMG code? I can't promise changes but it's good to know how well the limits are working for you!

Being old and feeble, my eyesight isn't as good as it once was. The size of profile photos under the old format was easier to see than the current format.

For me, running out of PM space is merely a reminder to clean out the files. That would happen at 500 PM's the same as it now happens at 250 or used to happen at 200 or that it would happen at 100. As long as the space will hold 100 or more, I personally, don't believe that is an issue. OTOH, when I was a mod, I could have used additional space for all the PM's concerning board issues. Perhaps the mods could use more space (in an "official" mail folder) for the additional PM's they send and receive.

250 is large.... I would venture a bet that 95% of the board's users could easily exist with 100. WOpuld that cut down on disk space? Perhaps that could reduce costs?

Otherwise, is there a reason to keep archive on-line? Just more disk space and more cost.

I got no problem with the PM counts. I believe it's higher than it had been in the past. I would like the profile picture size to be increased back to the limits it was pre-upgrade.

Spectre:
I got no problem with the PM counts. I believe it's higher than it had been in the past. I would like the profile picture size to be increased back to the limits it was pre-upgrade.

Nobody wants to see a bigger picture of your ugly face. :D (or mine that is why mine isn't posted.)

Chad

I don't know..I kinda liked Jeff's 'Ugly face'.

It would be nice if the buddy list was functional. Prior to the upgrade, you could view a buddy's profile or PM a buddy directly from the buddy list. Now it only shows who is online and who is not. The buddy list is also hidden ib Quick Links, it was a few days before I even found the buddy list (quite by accident), the link in the CP is not actually to the buddy list, but to editing the buddy list. It would be more user friendly if the link was actually in the user CP.

I would like to see a link on the main message board that says "Mark all Forums as read." I know it's there under quick links, but it's nice to just hit "New Posts", see what's going on, and just click "Mark Forums as read."

ckharlan66:
Nobody wants to see a bigger picture of your ugly face.

*chuckle*

In all seriousness though... my profile pic was a collage of other pics. To fit that into the size requirements would make each collage image too small.

Walter:
It would be nice if the buddy list was functional.

I was working on this, and then I got damn busy. I got it so it kinda sorta linked to the profile, but it wasn't quite right. I'll make sure it gets to the people it needs to when/if I ever get it working [waiting for me to get some time to figure out a little more about php].

yeah...what Boogie said.

And I could easily live with 100 PM limit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom