Scared of sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, when you go hunting for shark teeth, as long as you find a bunch of black ones (fossilized) you're ok. It's when you see a bunch of fresh white ones laying on the bottom when the pucker factor kicks in. Especially if you can identify what type of shark the teeth came from based on the shape of said teeth!!!

dlndavid:
And where are Tiger Sharks common?
Where I have seen the most Tiger Sharks is Hawaii when I did a lot of diving and marine biology research therein the early 70s,though I've also heard that the W. coast of Austrailia has them as well. When they used to fish for sharks in Hawaii with long lines baited with a hundred or so hooks overnight(s)-there were instances when I lived there where I heard of 10 or15 tigers being caught in Hilo bay alone. Research on French Frigate Shoals-one of the small uninhabitaed northern Hawaiian Islands,is well known for its high population of Tiger Sharks-they feed on the Hawiian monk seals and the large population of sea gulls there. If it weren't for all the fishing to intentionally keep shark numbers down in Hawaii-thats one place that you could see them-but they aren't fun to dive with IMHO-and I love diving with sharks. I put Tiger sharks right up with Oceanic white-tips,which also make me very nervous-they just are a pretty fearless fish-that is used to being dominate-and you can quickly start feeling that domiance when you are in the water with them. :bang: :bang: I've never swam with a great white-I love my wife and kids too much-I'd rather watch them on NG Explorer...Peace...Saildiver.

Back
Top Bottom