Schooling barracuda fish? Swimming inside the school?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not see the school of barracuda at Balicasag Island, I did hear they were there thou. I did see the school of jack fish and the huge turtle, all in 1 single dive. I am open to go anywhere, I just thought swimming inside a school of barracuda would be super cool. So I thought I would ask around for others opinions.
They are there!!!
But getting inside them is difficult.

I am wondering exactly where there are big schools of fish? I have seen the sardines in Moalboal and Mactan Island, Jack fish at Balicasag Island. Are there any locations in the Philippines to see schools of barracuda? Of course I want to try and swim inside the school. Will the barracuda let me swim close enough to swim beside and inside the school?

I swam thru a school (or actually, they swam around me) in Thailand, but haven't seen any in Philippines yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom