Science of Diving book recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished up the SOD course, and that book is the worst edited text I think I've ever read! I have the "updated" edition, and my classmate had the "older" edition and I'm pretty sure mine is worse. In addition to correcting a few things from the earlier editiion, they seem to have actually added MORE errors when they edited. The most blatant error, aside from the error in the SRV formula, is that the defintion of Henry's law is missing a entire phrase, "to the partial pressure of that gas", which makes a huge difference in the meaning. My classmate and I were asked to keep track of all the errors we found and highlight and make notes in a separate copy of the "revised' edition that will be sent to SSI, and I'm sure that with all the errors they will be hearing from many people. But the question is, will they actually update again and correct them this time??

Well working on mine now, and the errors are still in the book.

glad i found this in the forums.

JJ

I did my SSI Science of Diving course last year. The book was a new print, but still was full of errors. First chapter is the worst.
There was still a further challenge, as the book was "translated" to spanish. The translation is miserable.
So reading the book was a nightmare.
I scanned the full book and corrected as possible. This proved to be a good action as I learned a lot trying to correct the errors and the traslation.

I did my SSI Science of Diving course last year. The book was a new print, but still was full of errors. First chapter is the worst.
There was still a further challenge, as the book was "translated" to spanish. The translation is miserable.
So reading the book was a nightmare.
I scanned the full book and corrected as possible. This proved to be a good action as I learned a lot trying to correct the errors and the traslation.

Found out that atleast the practice exam had math calculations on it, but the book doesnt have any, made it interesting with the formulas wrong in the book. Some of the questions had no correct answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom