Scooter Dives in Maui during the summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of my favorite beach dives was with a scooter off the beach at Kapalua. I just contacted them to arrange at least one for this summer and unfortunately they are closing shop on May 31. That is too bad because that place was a mile or two from where I am staying. I was wondering if there are any other outfits in that same area. I found Maui Scooter Divers in Kihei but that is quite a drive away from Napili where I am staying.

Any recommendations? I am interested also in the DPV specialty so that is probably the best time to do it. Any suggestions on that?

What could they possibly teach in the Specialty that you don't already know? I'm just mildly curious.

Closing for good? Who?

The specialty card is required for renting scooters on your own...otherwise I would have not bothered. So I wanted to do it as part of the dives and regret not doing it last time I dove with Kapalua.

IN terms of Kapalua Divers closing it is for good but I know the hotel itself went through changes and renovations and wonder if they lost their contract... Maybe somebody will take over? Who knows? That was a great gig for whoever manages diving/rentals at that beach as it attracts a lot of visitors.

Thank you for the recommendations. BTW the first link you sent is the one closing :-(

South Maui offers some of the best areas for scooter diving. Makena Landing is perfect for your son since our max depth is limited to 40' . A lot of our divers come down from the west side. Both my wife and I keep a close eye so as to ensure maximum safety . Let me know.

Greg Walker
Maui Scooter Divers
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

Reactions: mdb
Every time we go to maui we stay in Lahaina. And I always go on the scooters with mauiscooterdivers. Greg and his wife are great people and it's always worth the drive to meet them were they want to dive. Best diving on Maui.

South Maui offers some of the best areas for scooter diving. Makena Landing is perfect for your son since our max depth is limited to 40' . A lot of our divers come down from the west side. Both my wife and I keep a close eye so as to ensure maximum safety . Let me know.

Greg Walker
Maui Scooter Divers
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

Did a scooter dive with Greg last year and it was well worth the drive from Lahaina. This is a must do dive if your in Maui!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom