Scootering hurts my balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holdfast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a dive buddy who owns two scooters and is gracious enough to share with me. We've taken them out 3 times so far and it has been a lot of fun. Unfortunately I've been having discomfort of a testicular variety. To the point where I'm thinking of sliding a cup under my wetsuit on days that we take the scooters out.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone want to share their tips for minimizing discomfort?

shorten the tow cord and get a little above the scooter to both get out of the prop wash and cause the tow cord to pull in a more downward direction instead of a forward direction. This in turn will move the pressure point of your crotch strap onto your butt and your wetsuit or drysuit will prevent it from riding up like a wedgie.

Get a 3 point harness. Divex, oxycheq, and cave adventures make them. I wouldnt cruise without one. Give Ed a call at CA. Best way to spend $25.

"Doctor! Doctor! it hurts when I bend my arm!"
"Don't bend your arm."

You might have to try a different style of wetsuit. One-piece wetsuits were always too tight in the crotch for me. A 2 piece suit, like a Farmer John, turned out to be much more comfortable.

Agree with 3 point strap.....heaven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Properly setting up the tow cord and positioning the scooter relative to the body plays a big role in comfort when scootering. I've seen way to many people with the tow cord too long and the scooters way out in front only to complain about the discomfort afterwards.

There use to be a thread/article that was very useful in the setting up and operating of the scooters. Jill see if I can find it again. I also recall dive x having. Avery good write up in their manuals/pdf's about how to properly set them up as well.

Sadly I no longer have a scooter, need to get another. When I did we use to regularly do 2-3 hr dives no problem. I quite miss it.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

I dive with a scooter regularly.... Never had that problem. I dive a drysuit so maybe there is more cushioning there. I agree with Aaen that setup and body positioning is a big part. If you have bad trim your body will fight the scooter and then the tow cord will dig in more. Have someone video you maybe you are fighting the scooter.

Dont clip the scooter to your balls.....

The pain you feel is the testosterone leaving your body from being seen using a scooter, Real men SWIM!

Ok that will probably get removed or will get me removed.... But I would look at either getting a split harness or one adjust the top point/your dressing position to alleviate the pinch point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom