SCR poll

I am strictly a recreational diver and ....

• I know what my SCR is.

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I don't know what my SCR is.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • My SCR varies widely.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • SCR?

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I'm a sometimes tech diver who wanted to vote.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recent posts have dealt with specific gas management issuses with the intent of helping recreatioal divers better understand some of the issues that are involved. It has also been claimed that some of these issues are beyond the skills of truly recreational divers. So lets pick one and see. Do recreational divers know what thier SCR is? Mine varies rather widely.

If talking about "surface consumption rate," yes, I know what it typically is -- and more importantly I know its range for a variety of activity levels.

My SCR varies widely, however my rate is usually alot longer than my wifes and usually alot longer than others that are diving on the same boat. My air can last over two hours on one 80 at shallow depth, such as the reefs in Florida, like Sombrero or Pennecamp. I guess that I can't give you a specific but, I think most of the SCR comes down to being comfortable in the water.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :wink:

I've got an SLR.

It's 35 mm!

My respiratory minute volume is . . . variable. (I eat physiology textbooks for breakfast!

Between 14 and 20 litres per min. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom