Scuba Club and a doctors release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if ScubaClub is requiring a filled out doctor's release to dive with them? We are coming down next month and our LDS thinks we might need to get a doc's release.

Thanks

If you check off that you have certain medical conditions on the release forms, a doctor's release may be required and not just by Scuba Club but by any op that wants to protect itself. Do you have a medical condition that could be problematic? If so, you should get a doctor's release. And if it were me, I would run all this past your dive op BEFORE you get there to make sure everyone is on the same page about whether you will be allowed to dive.

This thread here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-and-incidents/501035-one-down-cozumel-today.html is a good example of why they are required and why it is best not to lie.

As I recall, SCC does require you to fill out a medical release. But you should only need a doctor's clearance if you get one or more of the answers wrong.

Okay so I thought that was a pretty straight forward question but I guess not.

MMM - I do not have a medical condition of any kind nor would I lie about it. As I said, it is the LDS that is thinking that we will need a release from our doctor and that is for all of us going on this LDS sponsored trip not just me or my wife. So...they are going to call Scuba Club first thing in the AM to double check with them. That being said, I still figured I would ask here just for other's input.

AWAP - Yeah, I went through that in Hawaii once. I answered a question wrong and they refused to let me do a hotel "Try Dive" deal. Not going down that road again.

they definitely do not require a Doctor's release unless you ring the bell.

Okay so I thought that was a pretty straight forward question but I guess not.

MMM - I do not have a medical condition of any kind nor would I lie about it.
Then you should be golden. Have fun!

Unless things have changed since last Nov, they use the same "check yes or no" questionnaire that pretty much everyone else does. Just don't check a "yes" and you are good.

Unless things have changed since last Nov, they use the same "check yes or no" questionnaire that pretty much everyone else does. Just don't check a "yes" and you are good.

Unless you are a male, and it is the question regarding whether you are pregnant. I always check "No" to that one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom