Scuba Club Cozumel and cruise ship tourists....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There are four of us cruising into Czm in early November and a couple of us want to get some diving in. It has been suggested we visit Scuba Club Czm for some shore diving. We have two divers (one new, one experienced) and two non-divers. So is it possible to rent some gear and tanks for us divers and let the non-divers snorkel there?
Besides the rental gear what other fees are we looking at?
Thanks, Gary M

Go to Playa Palancar and see if they will do a combo dive/snorkel trip. Contacting before hand is suggested.

There are four of us cruising into Czm in early November and a couple of us want to get some diving in. It has been suggested we visit Scuba Club Czm for some shore diving. We have two divers (one new, one experienced) and two non-divers. So is it possible to rent some gear and tanks for us divers and let the non-divers snorkel there?

Not at Scuba Club. There is a guard at the gate and he won't let you in unless you are staying there. Blue Angel has what you are looking for.

Getting past the guard is not a problem, just smile and keep walking but you really don't want to dive there anyway. It is a poor dive with little to see, some small stuff and a few rocks but no hard or soft coral to speak of....been there a number of times and will be returning soon. I love the resort but the dive is poor at best;

If the guard stops you from entering SCC, tell them you are on your way to the dive shop. You can rent gear and book a boat dive. I would suggest contacting them before you get to Cozumel.

Shore diving in front of the hotel can be very rewarding and is a great place for macro photography. Check out my trip reports below.

I have stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and would not call it a good location to dive and snorkel. It is pretty bland IMO. Scan other threads here and find other dive ops to check out. There are several that people like. DandyDon knows the difference ops pretty well from posts I have seen him put up here. Oh....Chankanaab Park has a dive center IIRC and you can snorkel there too. We saw a Barracuda there last April when we dove it.

I have stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and would not call it a good location to dive and snorkel. It is pretty bland IMO. Scan other threads here and find other dive ops to check out. There are several that people like. DandyDon knows the difference ops pretty well from posts I have seen him put up here. Oh....Chankanaab Park has a dive center IIRC and you can snorkel there too. We saw a Barracuda there last April when we dove it.
Me? :confused: Nah, I have tried a few. Some that I liked changed, then went under. I really don't give operator suggestions; in fact, I often advise against doing so. But thanks. It's nice to hear that I seem to have some good opinions, even tho you confused me with someone else on this subject.

Me? :confused: Nah, I have tried a few. Some that I liked changed, then went under. I really don't give operator suggestions; in fact, I often advise against doing so. But thanks. It's nice to hear that I seem to have some good opinions, even tho you confused me with someone else on this subject.

Ooooops...could have sworn it was you that gave some good info on dive ops in Coz. I am a :dork2:

Not at Scuba Club. There is a guard at the gate and he won't let you in unless you are staying there. Blue Angel has what you are looking for.

Agree.

The diving behind SCC is not bad, but the shore dive just off of Blue Angel around the stingray pen is a bit more interesting especially after dark. I've never gone into the stingray pen which is next door to BA, but it looks like a good time for your friends who just want to snorkel-and yes, there is more to see than just rays.

I'm not familiar with Playa Palancar.

Good luck and please update this thread with your experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom