Scuba Club DM Busted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which DM is that? I've dived with them many times and have never seen that kind of behavior.

The dive guide shown and the person harassing the toad fish are not the same person.
I agree, the guy on the boat is quite a bit bigger than the guide shown underwater.

Can someone put this into better context? Are is the tool described? Etc

Can someone put this into better context? Are is the tool described? Etc
Google "tickle stick". It's a rod about 12" long with a handle and a wrist strap. DM's use them to point stuff out and to bang on tanks. Apparently lobster gitters use them to coax lobsters out of holes, too.

IDK, that is all I read... I wasn't sure if anyone else had heard of this.

i'd kill to experience the 1990 cozumel I fell in love with again

It’s a muck stick - not a tickle stick. Tickle stick usually has a bent tip. Muck stick is used to anchor yourself in the sand.

Read the comments on the link. NOT the dive guide. Scuba Club wouldn`t put up with that crap. Once a guy posted a pic after a dive guide teased a Splendid Toadfish out of his hidey hole and posted it on Facebook. Scuba Club found out about it and the DM got a royal chewing out. Almost fired. These are good jobs on Cozumel and no DM is going to jeopardize that for a photo op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom