Closed Scuba Compressor for sale - $1000 obo

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dsix36

Contributor
Reaction score
Scuba Compressor for sale - $1000 obo

This is an older Bauer Purus. They were also branded as a Mako many times. It is 110v and it still pumps to 3200psi. I believe the max fill rating is 2.4 cfm.

History on this unit. I bought it several years ago with full disclosure that it would only pump to 2200psi. I tracked down the issue to being a stuck valve in the third stage. I tore it down, repaired the valve, appropriately cleaned it, and put it back together. It has been pumping ever since. I patched up the fan shroud and fabricated a belt guard for it. I took the filter out of the housing and used it as a coelescor only prior to running through my two 30" filter stacks on the wall. I still have one brand new filter that goes with it. If I have an extra v-belt I will throw that in too.

It will fill an Aluminum 40 to 3200psi. It is slow and does not fill fast when over 2000psi when I fill my banks bottles. I just pump them to 2000psi and boost from there. It will still pump them up but my circuit breaker will trip and I will have to stop and let the compressor cool down a few times.

Local pickup in Deerfield Beach, FL only. I will not ship this.

20200201_161322_Burst01.jpg
20200201_161306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom