SCUBA diving conservation programs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I run a small marine conservation center in Thailand, and I am often asked by students leaving where they should go next to continue their training and support other good programs and eco-minded dive centers. I am also often asked by potential applicants that are unable to make it all the way to Thailand if there are other programs they can join closer to home. In my searching around online it is difficult to know which businesses are actually doing what they claim, as each year there are more new ones popping up (which is of course a good thing). But, for the most part it seems they are just 'green washing' their businesses or calling themselves eco-heros just for doing a clean-up every once in a while (which seems to be enough to win them a green certification by the diving agencies).

I was wondering if anybody out there has experience with some good, or bad, marine conservation programs that they would be willing to share info on. This would really help me in letting my students know where to go or avoid. Or alternatively, if anybody has found a good website or thread where such programs are listed and rated. Your help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Something like Reef, or Project Baseline?

BRad

Back
Top Bottom