Scuba diving has made me a wimp re any water related movies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dizzi Lizzi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since being certified I have been reluctant to watch any drama/action movies that have any relation to scuba. I usually won't even read the synopsis, I just hurry past that selection. Documentaries are ok, mostly. Today I decided I should stop being such a wimp and clicked on the description of "Open Water 3: Cage Dive ---To land a chance at stardom on a reality show, three American friends decide to make an audition tape of themselves cage diving in Australia. But when they end up stranded in baited, shark-infested waters, the audition reel becomes a survival diary."

Yeesh! :eek:

Diving is dangerous...danger is my middle name :)

Haha, I get it. It's kinda like how I can't watch any sad movies with dogs in them, since I got my dogs.

BTW I know these movies are stupid and full of inaccuracies, and that I might have a good time scoffing. But still...sometimes when its dark out there I wonder if I'm being watched

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seemed to be more of a sweetie than a toughie anyway. :wink: .

Okay if you really want to see an actual dive movie / documentary watch Diving into the Unknown. Is is on netflix. OBTW, if there is anyone concerned about your safety and diving, don't watch it with them. Especially if you are looking at or doing caving.

The only thing over my head while diving are bubbles, water, and sky (maybe a boat.)

I'm a huge movie buff! I also love to dive. Even scary movies make me want to go diving.

But, here's a movie that has been my experience with sharks. In fact, I'm the diver not wearing the shark suit with Cristina. The full version is available through the Protect the Sharks Foundation.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom