• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Scuba Diving In Thailand

Discussion in 'SSI: Scuba Schools International' started by Zathorious, Dec 18, 2018.

1. UFOrb

UFOrb Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Aaw man, gutted!
    So obviously you went to the Orb gig! :D

I saw them here in Brighton (England) years back, but my memory of it’s pretty hazy...

I still love their earlier stuff the most, I spent many hours listening to them, esp UFOrb...a friend used to call me Orb (as an anagram of Rob) because I listened to them so much...hence the profile name.

2. UFOrb

UFOrb Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    That’s a terrible story, I’m glad you’re ok!

This discussion about the full moon party reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend a while back who told me he went to the full moon party in 1989 when it was just around 200 people sitting around a fire and ghetto blaster, drinking beer and smoking weed. He was understandably shocked when I told him that up to 30,000 now attend! Hmmm, I think I’d go if it was still the same as back in the day, but since I started going to Thailand in 2006 I’ve never had any desire to go.

3. JackOfDiamonds

JackOfDiamonds ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Im not a huge party guy but was with a bunch of friends , we all traveled together after finishing our service and all we wanted to do is drink and have fun :cheers:, other wise would have probably never gone there.

Ive heard about that, some people told me it started out as someone's birthday and they just kept at it every year. was still a nice party if it wasn't for the mess lol

UFOrb and chillyinCanada like this.
  4. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

I was standing on the beach one morning with all my gear waiting on the long tail to pick me up and take me to the dive boat.

3 locals took an interest in me saying hell9 and all that. I could see they were clearly messed up despite the early hour. They offered me a drink out of their bottle of poisonous looking stuff. I figured it was the local absinthe but now I'm wondering. In any event, even had it been Gray Goose, I wasn't about to indulge. LOL

UFOrb and JackOfDiamonds like this.
  5. JackOfDiamonds

JackOfDiamonds ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Hahaha if you would have accepted next thing you know your dive buddy needs to take you up for trying to hug a fish :D

Wingy and chillyinCanada like this.
  6. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

Had I accepted, it's unlikely I'd have made it off the beach that morning.

JackOfDiamonds likes this.
  7. Wingy

Wingy Solo Diver

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    That's true...I was there. Fire twirling too.

UFOrb likes this.