Scuba Goop & Trident U Mark It Paint Gear Paint are same item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The review is supposed to be about the product: not their pricing.

Do this for some fun and frolic. Go into your neighbor LDS and put a sign next to any of their gear: "This can be bought for %25 cheaper online and see how fast it lasts. See if you are allowed to post more of those fun informative signs.

Now write an honest review about how it works in the water and ask it to be put by the product. Unless it's hopelessly negative, it has a far better chance of staying there.

Scuba.com's and Scubatoy's forums and reviews are all about generating business for their respective sites. Heck, it's my understanding that they don't allow the least bit of controversy beacuse that's good for their business. If you want fair and open: try ScubaBoard.com! We aim to keep it friendly, but we don't pull the plug on inconvenient threads and posts.

What you are trying to write isn't so much a negative review as it is an abuse of their review system to steal their business.

If I ran a business and you tried to do that, I would politely ask you to leave, and remove the signs or reviews you'd put up to steal my business.

If you really feel strongly about this, you have two great options.
1. In the accessories forum, post a thread showing the two products and how the cheaper one is exactly the same as the more expensive one. Make it a great review, showing the best technique for labeling and giving information on colours and how long it has to cure, etc.
2. Open up your own scuba shop and sell the Scribbles stuff. Just be careful cause if you mark it up at all, someone like you will come along and tell all of your customers, killing your ability to make a profit. :)

(For what it is worth, I don't read scuba.com reviews, but I do read a lot on scubaboard. So, I learned much more from reading what you posted here. Posting information here will get it out to much more people than writing about it on a merchandiser's site.)

I just bought 2 scooters from them. They beat everyones price and shipped the same day for free. I have not received them yet but so far all looks good

I can understand both positions....the reviewer....and the store.

But at least as Doc indicates, we can talk about "deals" here on SB without retrobution. But, I would watch the wording!

In fairness to the OP, I posted a review on item that I bought from scuba.com too. It had nothing to do with price or getting clients to go elsewhere. I just thought it would be helpful for other buyers to know as it related to sizing. I must have advised too strongly or negatively what size heads the item would fit and what not as my review never met the their acceptance either.

Thanks on the Goop pointer btw. I don't order from scuba.com anymore as I had problems with defective item return on the first go, gave them a second chance and had problems again - AND they discarded my review even. That was enough customer appreciation for me :D

FloridaRanger, although I applaud your effort to save the average diver some cash, I am not sure why you are so focussed on this issue. You have posted 5 separate threads about a $6 bottle of gear marking (or hobby) paint. Rebranding, marketing, e-tailer and retailer rights and procedures have all been explained in some detail. Even Scuba.com came on and tried to answer your questions. You can keep asking, but the answers are not going to change. Maybe it's time to move on to something else?

Do this for some fun and frolic. Go into your neighbor LDS and put a sign next to any of their gear: "This can be bought for %25 cheaper online and see how fast it lasts. See if you are allowed to post more of those fun informative signs.

I like this idea. I might have to experiment myself :D.

I personally believe that the review should be about the transaction overall so the OP's argument, when properly worded, should be a valid post IMO. However, my opinion means nothing because it is their forum and they are there to SELL. In their shoes, I would likely pull anything that was too negative as well. Honest is one thing but something that is too negative or tries to redirect business as the OP did is another thing altogether.

I do wonder how many more $6 tubes they will buy in trying to get a review to stick though. Poll anyone?

The review is supposed to be about the product: not their pricing.

With all due respect, the 6-fold price increase he's talking about is a rip-off.

I like this idea. I might have to experiment myself :D.

Upload to YouTube or it didn't happen. :D

With all due respect, the 6-fold price increase he's talking about is a rip-off.

I have yet to come accross anything in my scuba locker that I can say "Man was that ever a GREAT deal". It is $5. If you are that cheap, you are in the wrong sport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom