Scuba In The Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The beach cleanup starts with registration at Blockhouse Island at 9am. withthe actual cleanup from 10-11 everything else starts at 1pm. at St.Lawrence Park and wraps up at 7pm.
If you require more info please pm. me and I will try to help.

If I do go I really want to help with the beach clean-up....but if I do that, will I miss out on the charters?

Happy Green Acres campsite is open until the Thanksgiving weekend and tent sites are $10.00 per night, do tell them you are a diver as that is the rate she gives to divers.

Has this event happened yet? Is it on a weekend? Is it near sault ste marie? How much would It be to rent equipment? Are the dives easy? Is it well organized? Is it expensive? Is there alot of new stuff to try out? Or is it just lake diving in a different area? Where exactly is it, and what DATE does it start on? Thanx

Happens this weekend. Official website here http://www.scubainthepark.com/ . The Lilly in a current dive, but much warmer than you neck of the woods (upper 60's to low 70's in Spetember). It's in Brockville, so not close to the Sault.

I didn't see anything about a cleanup. Will have another look. Is it a diving cleanup, or a walk the shore and wade cleanup. Was thinking if we got an early start from here Saturday, we could be in Brockville by lunchtime (instead of rushing down Friday night and setting up a tent in the dark). Could check in, pitch camp (doesn't take long in daylight) and go dive. Wonder if we could sang another charter someplace Sunday, before we trek home. Or I suppose we could shore dive the Rothesay (watch me talk myself into this trip :eyebrow: ).

Groundhog246:
Happens this weekend. Official website here http://www.scubainthepark.com/ . The Lilly in a current dive, but much warmer than you neck of the woods (upper 60's to low 70's in Spetember). It's in Brockville, so not close to the Sault.

I didn't see anything about a cleanup. Will have another look. Is it a diving cleanup, or a walk the shore and wade cleanup. Was thinking if we got an early start from here Saturday, we could be in Brockville by lunchtime (instead of rushing down Friday night and setting up a tent in the dark). Could check in, pitch camp (doesn't take long in daylight) and go dive. Wonder if we could sang another charter someplace Sunday, before we trek home. Or I suppose we could shore dive the Rothesay (watch me talk myself into this trip :eyebrow: ).
If we would be going only for the Saturday, I wouldn't mind driving back after everything ends but staying for another dive on Sunday sounds very tempting :wink:
My problem is that I don't know where my tent is and I don't have a sleeping bag anymore :D

I have and extra sleepingbag oren that's not a problem...I may even have a spare tent, but I'm not sure I have enough pegs for it anymore. sorry that's right I have 3 tents..so there's the small one we have too, though you're have to make due without an air matress, the ones I have are too big for that tent. I don't know if I can afford a 2nd charter but I wouldn't mind doing the Rothesay again if you remember where it is...lol. I was playing follow the leader and the location didn't stay in my memory...sigh.

Oren do you have a trailer hitch? GH246 dodesn't travel lightly...hahaha :wink:
I'll keep trying the dive shop again today and I'll call you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :wave-smil Oren

NorthernMelody:
Oren do you have a trailer hitch? GH246 doesn’t travel lightly...hahaha :wink:
I can travel light, just don't usually bother as it's easier to just hook up the trailer and go. That also keeps the wet stuff out of my vehicle for the return trip. Could throw gear in my Akona roller bag and go. I do have a larger (8 man, comfy fit for 4) dome tent, sleeping bags and air mattresses. Laura might have grabbed the heater.

Still trying for find out what time my wife and son get back from their trip, as I have to pick them up from the school (she'll be really ticked if she has to walk home or bum a ride with all the gear they've got) unless I can make other arrangements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom