SCUBA Jewelry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by D_B
SeaWare ... Seawear nautical and Celtic jewelry ... look at "Divers" and "Dive Gear" under "Nautical Jewelry" I purchased the #1340 $80 polished dive fin for my friend , very nice finish and heavy too
(and Almity's "Scubahelmet" came from here too)
dive-fin-1340%7E100.jpg

Exploration Dive Studios-Xds ... Exploration Design Studio-Xds - Scuba Diving Dive Jewelry - Scuba Diving and Ocean Life Fine Gold Jewelry ... Very nice tanks and cave reels

Paradise Jewelry ... Atocha and Treasure Coin Jewelry. Shipwreck Coins at Paradise Jewelry the Friendliest Store in the World! ... nice Atocha replica 8 reale coins made from recovered Atocha silver bars

Whirling Girl Jewelry ... Whirling Girl: Jewelry: Scuba Diving ... Best looking ScubaPro Jetfin you've ever seen , almost an inch long , 14kt

Gift Boxes by Shala ... Gift Boxes by Shala ... Make your own gift box , I made the dolphin 2 piece one and printed out something special on it to hold the above gold fin for my lady friend's first dive here

JuJee Beads ... JuJee Beads: Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads by Judy Carlson Awesome hand made glass jewelry, gotta see this stuf in person .. too cute! (see the frogs
icosm14.gif
) ... I Got my friend specially made pink fish earrings :bounce3:

Cloisonne Jewelry by Merry-Lee Ray ... Dolphins, Sting Rays and Octopus ... Most impressive, beautiful & handmade

Friends of the Sea Jewelry by Jim (gypsyjim) ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2137253409322.80226.1785739385&type=1

---------- Post Merged at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Resurected thread to add Merry-Lee Ray's beautiful work (thank you jim)

Thank you D_B, I did not even know this thread existed, and I have been on SB since '05.

I sold quite a few of Merry's pieces when I ran my own store. I featured works by other young artist-jewelers, as well as my own custom work, but Merry's work was by far my favorite, because of the way she captures the character of the creatures, and in enamel, which is no easy medium to master. She is a one of a kind, and the pieces I own of hers in my own collection are cherished.

---------- Post Merged at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Thanks Don for refreshing this thread.

I just added this Eagle Ray to my collection, or will when the mold and first casting is back in a week or so. Tail is a bit oversize, to make sure it survives and casts well through the mold making and casting process. I took one pic of the Eagle Ray master modal next to my Hawks Bill Turtle, to show size.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: D_B
Oh, my goodness, is that cloisonne jewelry Max's Merry? I should have known -- those pieces are stunning. Unfortunately out of my price range, but stunning nonetheless.

I don't know about Max and Merry, but I sold Merry's enamels when I had my own store in the mid 80's and early 90's, and carried works by other young artists. I have several of her pieces in my own collection, and cherish them.

To create enamels that have the realism of a painting, as Merry's do, is true art, and a very high skill level.

Paul, silver will definitely tarnish if exposed to air. Most of my jewelry (99%) is made with sterling pieces and I always tell my customers to keep any jewelry with silver in ziploc baggies to prevent it, although the tarnish is easily removed with a soft polish cloth. If you want to avoid the tarnish completely, white gold is the way to go. :

Sterling silver won't tarnish as long as your wearing it. The constant rubbing keeps it bright and shiny - it's all I wear.

Sterling silver won't tarnish as long as your wearing it. The constant rubbing keeps it bright and shiny - it's all I wear.

Correct. I currently am wearing a sterling Eagle ray pendant I recently designed and as long as I am wearing it the silver does not tarnish. Put sterling silver jewelry in a drawer, and leave it for some time, and it will begin to tarnish, although a quick rub with a soft cloth brings it right back to a shine.

I have the Large turtle from Friends of the Sea.. Next to my wedding band it is my most treasured piece of Jewelry. Not only is it lovely to look at but it just feels right. The weight and shape are just right for me.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by D_B
SeaWare ... Seawear nautical and Celtic jewelry ... look at "Divers" and "Dive Gear" under "Nautical Jewelry" I purchased the #1340 $80 polished dive fin for my friend , very nice finish and heavy too
(and Almity's "Scubahelmet" came from here too)
dive-fin-1340~100.jpg

Exploration Dive Studios-Xds ... Exploration Design Studio-Xds - Scuba Diving Dive Jewelry - Scuba Diving and Ocean Life Fine Gold Jewelry ... Very nice tanks and cave reels (It now looks like they are working on the website )

Paradise Jewelry ... ... nice Atocha replica 8 reale coins made from recovered Atocha silver bars (no longer there, not the same site)

Whirling Girl Jewelry ... Whirling Girl: Jewelry: Scuba Diving ... Best looking ScubaPro Jetfin you've ever seen , almost an inch long , 14kt

Gift Boxes by Shala ... Gift Boxes by Shala ... Make your own gift box , I made the dolphin 2 piece one and printed out something special on it to hold the above gold fin for my lady friend's first dive here

JuJee Beads ... JuJee Beads: Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads by Judy Carlson Awesome hand made glass jewelry, gotta see this stuf in person .. too cute! (see the frogs
icosm14.gif
) ... I Got my friend specially made pink fish earrings :bounce3:

Cloisonne Jewelry by Merry-Lee Ray ... Dolphins, Sting Rays and Octopus ... Most impressive, beautiful & handmade

Friends of the Sea Jewelry by Jim (gypsyjim) ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2137253409322.80226.1785739385&type=1

Resurected thread to add Merry-Lee Ray's beautiful work (thank you jim)
bumped the thread and updated the links in my post

Back
Top Bottom