Scuba on the History Channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
I saw a commercial on the History Channel for an upcoming Modern Marvels show titled "Scuba and Deep Sea Diving". Their website shows that the program will air twice on July 24th. Just wanted to share the air. I always like seeing shows that bring attention and focus to our sport. I'll be in Costa Rica then but I'll set the VCR so hopefully it will get recorded for later viewing.

Did anyone see the earlier History Channel show called "Blind Man's Bluff" which aired on Monday? It primarily highlighted US Submarine duty during the cold war but had a few sequences dealing with Naval divers and covert operations.

One mission in particular talked about Navy divers doing a 600ft dives off the Pacific coast of Russia. As I understand it they used an onboard deco chamber to prep the divers then poked them out a hatch to do some deeeeep water trickery on underwater telephone cables. 600 ft! Wow, and this was back in the 60's and 70's.

So who of you out there, ex-Navy spooks, etc. saw the show and can offer an insight? Do you have any experience or know of this type of extreme diving or have an opinion on this? If so, it?s your turn to share the air?

Mike Nelson wanna be?

SeaHunt

Back
Top Bottom