Scuba Police @ Philadelphia Quarry, TN (Lambertsen rebreather trials)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck how could the owner prove he was the owner that would be suitable to you? Freeeeedddooommm.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Completely misses the point, but you know that.

Nowhere did I use the word "prove". I used the words "identify" and "claim".

Are you saying that you would do whatever you were told by a stranger who walked up to you, without identifying themselves and why they felt they had authority over you? Seriously?

And no, the answer does not depend on whether the OP was being a hero or a complete twit.

I guess you see malicious intent. there is none. generally we don't have many drivers around here. if there is an instructor teaching he/ she will have a stake in the location. oh well.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I guess you see malicious intent. there is none. generally we don't have many drivers around here. if there is an instructor teaching he/ she will have a stake in the location. oh well.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Again, you miss the point. Please show where I said anything about intent. Intent is not relevant. I don't care about intent. Not the intent of the OP, or the intent of the instructor. Please show how intent has anything to do with my point -he did not IDENTIFY himself or the source of his authority. That is all, no more, no less. Without having done so, he remains a stranger to whom few if any would respond.

Why do you keep deflecting the question? Would you do whatever you were told by a stranger who walked up to you, without identifying themselves and why they felt they had authority over you?

Again, you miss the point. Please show where I said anything about intent. Intent is not relevant. I don't care about intent. Not the intent of the OP, or the intent of the instructor. Please show how intent has anything to do with my point -he did not IDENTIFY himself or the source of his authority. That is all, no more, no less. Without having done so, he remains a stranger to whom few if any would respond.

Why do you keep deflecting the question? Would you do whatever you were told by a stranger who walked up to you, without identifying themselves and why they felt they had authority over you?

Are you really this dense? I am on a tablet and I have limited typing ability. I'll attempt to answer your insightful questions when I get to my laptop.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

TRN he probably is a stand up fella, I just thought the selfcontrolfreak link was a bit for fun. also It is always been my experience when someone toot's there horn at other divers at a dive site it is gonna be a bad coming. Better off and just act interested and see where it goes and then in a calm discussion explain your thoughts.

I remember a few years back I was same shape as now and had my SP classic which is a med and I use it wet, I had a al50 on it, an Instructor I have known for 15 years was there and was skeptical as I was putting on BCD and walked over and helped, I did know it was a bit to small when donning, he looked a bit puzzled when he seen the 50, but depth was only 35', his reply after not running into him in a few years was have a good dive, not hey fat ass your gear is to small and your going to run out of air.

It was a great dive and yes I did almost die, although it was a ling cod that came from behind and knocked my reg out of my mouth as I took a breath and sucked in sea water as I chocked I thought oh great I am going to die in 25' of water, I put air2 in and purged and the ling come at me head to head I hit it and turned around and it was on eggs.

I got out and an old diver was getting in and I mentioned it to him, well he knew as he does progressive pics and study of the reefs here on our island and been diving with him for a lot of years now.

You really have know way of knowing how a dive ends up even if it looks unsuitable to you!!

Back
Top Bottom