scuba pro jet fins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sf8193

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I've been having some trouble figuring out if the sizing on my jet fins fit. There's a little bit of give when I move them side to side (horizontally) very quickly. I wear a size 9.5 shoe usually, am wearing a size 8 booty, and am using the XL scubapro jet fin that was made in Taiwan.

It's been pretty confusing trying to figure out what size I am online so figured I'd come here.
IMG_4008.JPG
IMG_4009.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4007.JPG
    IMG_4007.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 304
what thickness are your boots?

you can also consider the xs scuba turtle in XL which has a smaller foot pocket than the jetfin in the same size

what thickness are your boots?

you can also consider the xs scuba turtle in XL which has a smaller foot pocket than the jetfin in the same size

Thickness is 5mm

edit: i'm hoping I can keep the same fins for warm water and cold i.e. drysuit(i'll be moving to san francisco shortly)

jetfins would be good for a drysuit, but maybe too negative for warm water diving. i use hollis f1s locally in a drysuit and dive rite XT for warm water. you may want to try the deep 6 fins for warm water too.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind. Was thinking of taking them along and also renting a pair on my upcoming trip to Egypt as it made no difference in price and would allow me to try them there.

As far as sizing goes, how do those pictures look to you?

So here is the issue. The jet fins sizing works perfectly as long as you have a scubapro boot. Those are the thin soled ones. The moment you switch boots to a thicker one, you will have to go a size up. I am size 10US and I used XL for my wetsuit diving and XXL for my drysuit boot.

So here is the issue. The jet fins sizing works perfectly as long as you have a scubapro boot. Those are the thin soled ones. The moment you switch boots to a thicker one, you will have to go a size up. I am size 10US and I used XL for my wetsuit diving and XXL for my drysuit boot.

Right, so I tried the super thick 7mm scubapro boots (thickest I've ever seen besides drysuit) and the XL worked fine. Now that i'm in the 5mm they have a bit more give horizontally, and I just want to make sure that's not a deal breaker

Jet fins typically all have the extra side room. It's the height and depth of the pocket that gives most people issues. If you dropped to a size large you would find it too tight. I would stay with the xl and buy some spring straps. They will make a world of difference.

Edit: I see you have a set of springs. Disregard the above statement. Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom