Closed Scuba Pro Mk 6 First Stage with pneumatic yoke - needs no knob!

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

Here's a first stage I have in my collection that I know nothing about. It's another curiosity for you to share!

IMG_1135.png IMG_1137.png IMG_1136.png

I know virtually nothing about this first stage. There's no markings that I can see. But it's got two curiosities:

1) It has a swivel. With only 2 LP ports it's pretty darn old (though it *does* have an HP port), and I haven't seen any regs of that vintage with a swivel. But I haven't seen that many vintage regs! :)

2) There's no screw for the yoke. You simply pull back the yoke itself and it opens. You put it on the valve and it closes. I *believe* that tank pressure is used to push the yoke down, but I'm *far* from certain about this.

That's all I know. It's pretty: nice chrome all over, and basically just nice curves all over. No extraneous grooves or accents -- or logos! :)

Does anyone know anything else about this reg?

And, oh by the way, if someone's interested in it, let me know. To throw out a number: $40 shipped to the continental US. Could make an interesting deco/pony/inflation reg? Or is vintage *single* hose a thing? :)

Let me know what you think!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom