Scuba pro MK17 EVO and A700 experiences??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calabash digger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive in murky and silty water here in S.C. I just ordered a set today...reviews say they are really good. Any one use them?

A couple people around here have the Mk17EVO/A700 set up. It works great in cold murky silty mountain lakes and the Pacific NW (WA and BC) waters. It also works great in warm tropical water.

Thanks! I have read every review I can find and watched every video and all say they are good.

The MK 17 is a great reg, EVO is not much of a change from the older 17. I would look at a G260 over the A700.

I looked at the 260 and really liked it. One of the reasons I got the A700 was because it was supposed to help with dry mouth. The river water I dive is not clean enough for me to be swishing it around in my mouth. Accidently swallowed a mouthful one time and spent two days on the white throne...

I looked at the 260 and really liked it. One of the reasons I got the A700 was because it was supposed to help with dry mouth. The river water I dive is not clean enough for me to be swishing it around in my mouth. Accidently swallowed a mouthful one time and spent two days on the white throne...
It’s good enough reason, don’t really expect it to help much but you may find it does.

And the A700 just looks better. :)

I dive a MK17 with an A700 and I love it.

The A700 is heavy. You might want consider getting a Seacure mouthpiece to help prevent jaw fatigue. (I still like it very much, it’s just a feature.)

it works great and breathes really easy at any depth I’ve been to.......(Not really deep)

IMG_1548.JPG

Back
Top Bottom