Scuba pro pilot issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a used bcd from a going out of sale shop. A bcd buttons were leaking air from the bcd connector. Sometimes when the bcd was filled the deflator and add air button were leaking air. This made my air run out a tab bit quicker. My local shop doesn’t service a bcd this old, no parts. Shoukd I just learn my lesson in buying used gear and scrap it or where can I service. Spent $150 on this and I’m feeling suckered as $150 more could’ve gotten me a brand new bcd.

Your shop is trying to stick it to you if they do not recommend simply replacing the inflator with a generic equivalent. You can find a replacement on line for cheap but you need to know the ID of the hose. Easy fix with a couple of zip ties in 2 minutes.

If it's a scubapro inflater, and even if it's not, it can probably be rebuilt. A couple o-rings and maybe a gasket if you feel up to it.

If not... New inflator is the easy choice.

New inflator as above but keep the old one, learn how to service it and put it in your save a dive kit.

Agree with the above. You can also replace the corrugated hose & plain elbow for about $10-15 each. The elbow might have a specific thread size you need to match, if you post pictures, can provide you specific products to look at.

Back
Top Bottom