Scuba pro R109 upgraded to balanced adjustable breathing effort issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all. I checked out the demand lever and as near as I can tell it is the most modern Type B with the 'hooks' on the feet that engage the poppet. I cleaned some verdigris out of the holes in the air barrel, made sure the feet on the demand lever were aligned and carefully reassembled everything and set the cracking pressure to "five minutes" past cessation of FF. I have not measured the 'inches of water' required to open the poppet; I have to rig up a water manometer. It may be my imagination but the 'click and whoosh' seems to be gone (at least for now). I will give it an extended test in the pool before I trust it. Thanks again.

IIRC, the difference in levers is the bend angle of the feet as well as the bend of the diaphragm fingers....

Yes, the bend angle and the width of the "feet." In the picture below there are three different levers. The one on the right is not compatible with the s-wing poppet nor the duro poppet. It works with the older "blue poppets" and non-duro poppets. There is a tool available from Herman that corrects the bend angle, so if you have lots of the middle type, it is a tool worth having. However, if you only have a few 109/BA/G250ies etc, it is more cost effective to just replace the levers with the newer type (the one on the left.)

3_levers.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom