Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There've been about a bazillion threads on regulators on this board, so a little searching should turn up quite a bit of good (and not so good ) opinions.

In general though, Scuba Pro makes a fine product. I've got a Mk 20/S250, and I dived it in fresh water and salt water, temps down to 33F with no problems.

But of course, Apeks is also good (maybe even better under extreme conditions), Sherwood products haven't killed anyone lately, on and on.

Key considerations should be how the 2nd stage fits in your mouth (I didn't find the Sherwoods all the comfy for me), and what brands your LDS handles. You want to be able to get service if and when you need it.

Rotsa Ruck.

Firs of all welcome on board.
I use 2 MK 20 an s600 as second and R380 as Okto I also have several 190s and S500 . I am very pleased whith all of them never had any problems and the S600 is one of the most comfortable regs I have ever used. But you want to see what service and spare supply looks like were you live.

Michael

I own two MK20/G250 SP regs and they have performed well in fresh/salt/cold/deep/etc., for years. One of these days I'll take care of the shims in the MK20's, but I've not had a problem. Aside from a couple of minor free-flows, they've performed terrifically. Great breathers, easy to maintain, reliable as heck, parts and service readily available world wide. I'd probably own more, but they are pricy. Also own Apeks...

The board always strongly supports Apex but I have the MK20 S600 and I love it. The size is nice, no free flows, and easy to find service which is a big concern with only one local dive shop when I bought it (thank goodness a new one opened to provide some competition.) If you go with the SP I think you will be greatly pleased but my biggest recommendation is to try out several different ones that you are interested in and then make your decision. Everyone has different preferences.

Chad

I have a MK20/S600 and love it. It's the best regulator I have ever used over the last 20 years of diving. I also bought Scubapro regulators for my wife and both sons. They have never failed to deliver.:boom:

Scuba Pro is known to be about the best in the business. There is little that can be poorly said about them. In the same breath, unless you are some type regulator evaluation expert, most brand name regulators will serve you well. Oceanic, Sherwood, Mares,Dacor, Aqua Lung …ect……..

Dive Safe …………Arduous

I just moved up from a Mk20/G250 to a Mk20/S600. I was happy with the 250 (it's what the Navy supposedly uses), but my son has a S600 and convinced me to upgrade - thanks santa. Hopefully, I'll test drive it this week with my new 'Sea Cure" mouth piece. I'll let you know.

Wat i forgot to say in my earlier post is: I take out those plastic pins that are inserted in the thread to fix it. That way I can undo it not using any tools. Just keep things easy.
Michael

My experience with Scuba Pro has been good. The G250 is one of my all time favorites. I think they make a great product.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom