Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a used MK10 with 2 G200 second stages in 1994 or 1995. I have no idea how old the regulator actually is, a shop was upgrading their rental gear and brought their regs to a scuba flea market to sell. I haven't had any trouble with it, it breathes easy and I've never had a free flow. I did put a silicone mouthpiece on it, I find the rubber ones quite uncomfortable.

The local shops don't service it but they can send it out for me if I don't want to send it myself.
Ber :bunny:

SP's aren't nearly as durable or able to take the abuse that Apeks can. They're good regs, but they aren't the best, IMO. They might be second best :wink: :). Well, you have Abyssmal regs that might take second too.

Mike

PS. The best use the best. :wink:

Mike,they used to use S/P,they recently switched to Apeks.I think they P.O. 'd the local SP rep (a WKPP diver)when they switched.The funny thing is that on mix an air2 is a high performance reg.I'd probly have gotten Apeks ,but the LDS carried Zeagle and SP basically at the same price.When Zeagle started making thier own(sort of) the LDS started carrying Apeks.

Some of them still use SP's, but they've been using Apeks for several (6-7) years (some without having been serviced at all). Their biggest complaint regarding the SP's is the higher maintenance required than the Apeks.

They're both really good, but I think it's fair to say the Apeks has an edge over the SP -- not that most would notice or care, I guess. Personally, I'll take the sealed Apeks over the SP any day of the week (especially if cost is a factor). However, I wouldn't blink to use an SP if I had to either.

Mike

Wish I'd had the option when I bought 2xG250 and 2xR380.I'd have saved enough to pay for a years worth of gas.I' ve got a sneaking suspicion that most of thier regs are as spotless inside as mine are despite not seeing "official"maintenance.The only regs I've ever seen outright crap out were Posiedens.Lots of people love'm tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom