Scuba St Lucia and Anse Chastanet Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockn4u

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to St Lucia and staying and diving with Anse Chastanet / Scuba St Lucia at the resort.

Have any of you done this, any recommendations? What are the best dive sites there??

BTW We are supposed to have an air conditioned room.

Last edited:
Anse Chastenet looks lovely and I am glad that you will have air-conditioning; have a great trip!
Thank you!

Don't get swept around the point if you are on a shore dive.

12 dives? The shore diving there is spectacular. Are they in the 12?

Don't get swept around the point if you are on a shore dive.

12 dives? The shore diving there is spectacular. Are they in the 12?
I believe so. Is that the Superman Point drift dive at the point?

I believe so. Is that the Superman Point drift dive at the point?
No, Superman's Flight is literally below the slope of the Pitons. A signature dive, but the house reef at Anse Chastenet is one of the best in St. Lucia. I was an instructor there for a year 20 years ago.

OK, I read the ad. So you get 12 boat dives (6 days of 2 tank) and a couple of night dives.

These are all boat dives. If I were taking this trip, I'd be in the water 12 hours a day. As I say, the house reef is spectacular. But I really like St. Lucia diving, so I'd be in the water all the time.

Divers from the UK don't seem to be quite as keen as North Americans. They like an afternoon beer and spa and drive through volcanos and Anse Chastenet is perfectly set up for that.

If the trip Kathy referenced is really your trip, you probably don't really need an air conditioned room. Anse Chastenet is cleverly located on the top of a hill so you get a nice breeze all the time. It means you will do a lot of hiking up and down the hill to the dive shop....

Last edited:
In a month, our group of six folks (five divers) will be departing to spend two weeks in Marigot Bay. Looking at 10 dives minimum + land/water excursions. Lodging was secured through Homeaway and dives will be with Dive Fair Helen.

In a month, our group of six folks (five divers) will be departing to spend two weeks in Marigot Bay. Looking at 10 dives minimum + land/water excursions. Lodging was secured through Homeaway and dives will be with Dive Fair Helen.
Marigot is an idyllic little harbor. Makes you think of Pirates of the Caribbean or something. Truly a beautiful property.

Rooms with A/C are on the beach level. about 115 steps up to the lounge/ breakfast level. great views from there. The resort features an "eco" vibe. Rooms do not have TV or radio. I believe only wifi is at the lounge level.

Try to get a tour of the ultra premium sister resort Jade Mountain which is about another 100 steps up the hill.

The resort is somewhat isolated, about an hour ride from the airport.

Good diving, good food, very nice staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom