Scuba Wine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The unofficial count...46 bottles. Probably pick up 2 more to make it an even 4 cases.

I love the wine industry.

Sounds like you are having a good trip.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Chad

I would like to move out here and work for a vineyard for 10-15. Then maybe start my own or go in partners with someone.

Every winery and vineyard supports the one next door. It's truely a remarkable industry that pulls in over a billion a yr. The Scuba industry could take some fine lessons from them. There is no bickering. No bad mouthing. No body is better or worse or less or more. Everyone is content. Most wineries even help each other out with production. This is where I need to be. Where everyone is appreciated for there part in the industry.

Isn't it tradition in Kentucky that you mkae your own "home-made wine"

Pretty much.

I don't mind some wine from time to time, but I think if I were going to jump into the production of any adult beverage I would have to follow my KY roots. It would have bourbon for me.

I do agree though, that the diving industry could take a few cues from the wine industry as well as a few others. Now would it be nice if we could all get along.

Kentucky has a growing Wine industry as well. Some of it is pretty good.

Chad

Kentucky is growing in the wine industry but it's still really behind the curve. Not to mention you can only grow a few varieties of grape in KY. due to the late frost and freezes we have. Fortunetly one grape we can grow is the Chardonay. I wish we could grow some Cabs or Pinots though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom