Scubaboard barely working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRT

not a soft touch
Reaction score
Am I the only lucky one or have others been having trouble the last week or so with the site locking up their computers, refusing to scroll, not accepting keyboard input and just generally not working about half the time? I access Scubaboard on 2 different computers on different networks in different locations and it acts funky on both.

I have not had any issues...

Try using a different browser, when that happens to me with Internet Explorer I switch to Firefox or Chrome and it words fine.

I'm on Chrome

no issues and using IE10

You're not even on double secret probation... I have no clue what's happening from our end. We seem to be all good.

I can witness that during the last week Chrome had at least a couple of updates. During the same period I had similar issues (no scrolling, refusing keyboard inputs, wrong focus) on many different sites - the worse was eBay, but many other suffered from the problems. No issue on SB though.

My problem is exclusively Scubaboard. Everything else working fine on both computers. However, after I posted I rebooted and it appears to be working now on this computer.

My problem is exclusively Scubaboard. Everything else working fine on both computers. However, after I posted I rebooted and it appears to be working now on this computer.

Don't know about your browser but Firefox sometimes doesn't "release" all the memory it uses, so after a number of load/unload cycles your available memory pool shrinks and a reboot is needed to solve thing.......until the next time.

Don't know about your browser but Firefox sometimes doesn't "release" all the memory it uses, so after a number of load/unload cycles your available memory pool shrinks and a reboot is needed to solve thing.......until the next time.
If your computer has more than 4GB ram, check out waterfox. It's a 64 bit branch of firefox, and in my experience performs a lot better. Also, it still has flash support - which is important to me.

Also, you might want to temporarily install the e10s (electrolysis) tester addon. If electrolysis is not enabled, enabling it can produce a major improvement in performance. The tester will tell you whether or not all your addons are e10s compatible and if the e10s feature is enabled or not. This is true on regular Firefox or most forks like waterfox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom