ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm another week of great diving surrounded by some great people at a great price . Already looking forward to it!!!!! Question for the group ???????
I am setting up my airfare watch and wondering what is considered the high and low fares. Thanks
This is high $$$ Right now. I am looking at/seeing $678 tampa to charlotte-then 53 min lay over- then to Coz by 11:35

FIRST DO NOT GET AIRFARE UNTIL
YOU SECURE A SPOT.
WE DO NOT HAVE UNLIMITED SPACE
WE ARE CAPPING THIS EVENT AT 96 DIVER SPOTS.

Folks we are 10 months away figuring out airfare right now will just give you a headache.
Airfare is ALWAYS a game
The key is to
Check everyday
Set price alerts
Check nearby airports
Explore park/sleep/fly options
For Cozumel check airfare to Cancun... then do bag drag...remember to add cost of shuttle & ferry & flight times
If you find a great fare grab it... it could be a mistake by the airlines

Good Luck To All

I emailed them the other day and the resort was accessible but no comment on around town. If you could find out anything it would be great.
I have walked from Hotel Cozumel to the square down town a few times. On the ocean side of Melgar it is not bad, a wheel chair would be fine, gets better once you get close to Mega. But that's a pretty good walk. From the hotel to the water you would have to cross the street to avoid the stairs via the tunnel, not too bad. There are a few steps though once you cross the road you would have to go down to get to the pier. This is what I remember from my stay their in January, I could have missed something.

Hmmmmm another week of great diving surrounded by some great people at a great price . Already looking forward to it!!!!! Question for the group ???????
I am setting up my airfare watch and wondering what is considered the high and low fares. Thanks

Im flying out of mobile and airfare for me is around 625. It's not too bad considering that there will be 4 of us flying out.

We're thinking about going this trip with our family.Anybody know how much access there is for a wheelchair in Cozumel?We're thinking it would be a great trip for us all.

I have walked from Hotel Cozumel to the square down town a few times. On the ocean side of Melgar it is not bad, a wheel chair would be fine, gets better once you get close to Mega. But that's a pretty good walk. From the hotel to the water you would have to cross the street to avoid the stairs via the tunnel, not too bad. There are a few steps though once you cross the road you would have to go down to get to the pier. This is what I remember from my stay their in January, I could have missed something.

Thanks for the info @Streydog that should be helpful. @cjburban We did check with the resort and you should be fine moving and accessing the grounds. The pool has railings, but there isn't a lift for the pool. There will be plenty of us to help though, so no worries. As far as down town, it will be hit and miss. So be prepared if you plan to venture there. Hope this helps!

Thank's for the help. We're still not sure if we'll bring CJ or not .Would like to but if stuck at resort all day,he'll probably get bored.I'm going to check around a little more.Just don't have a lot of time to decide.

Thank's for the help. We're still not sure if we'll bring CJ or not .Would like to but if stuck at resort all day,he'll probably get bored.I'm going to check around a little more.Just don't have a lot of time to decide.

@cjburban
I found a few more links for you.
Keep in mind some of these are from a cruise perspective and discuss the ferry across to the mainland along with excursions there also. There were tips and such about in town though. Hope this helps.

Cozumel Disabled Access Review by ACV
Exotic Trip to Cozumel, Mexico to Scuba Dive | wheelchairtraveling.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom