ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2019 Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a waiting list for the rest of you who called today.
To those on the waiting list, do not despair
If you're NOT on the waiting list and still want to go: CALL NOW. Get on the waiting list as you never know what may transpire and you're still able to go. The Philippines trip was sold out and by the time we left we had open spots.

Special offer... for those with non-diving spouses: I'll teach them for free, but not at the Invasion. Contact me so we can set up time for y'all to come here to North Florida before the invasion. I would hate for someone to miss diving in Fiji if they want to try. Click the button on the below right where it says "Quote in Conversation" to start the process. If they don't want to, that's fine, but I do want to afford them the opportunity.

If you're NOT on the waiting list and still want to go: CALL NOW. Get on the waiting list as you never know what may transpire and you're still able to go. The Philippines trip was sold out and by the time we left we had open spots.

True, that's how I was able to score a spot on that trip. Don't lose hope!

Special offer... for those with non-diving spouses: I'll teach them for free, but not at the Invasion. Contact me so we can set up time for y'all to come here to North Florida before the invasion. I would hate for someone to miss diving in Fiji if they want to try. Click the button on the below right where it says "Quote in Conversation" to start the process. If they don't want to, that's fine, but I do want to afford them the opportunity.

That is the coolest offer ever, very awesome of you Pete! I'd like to instruct in the future (when my current schooling is over) just to teach friends for free. I had a long talk the other night with one of my school's program directors - I think I'm gonna teach some electric stuff at the local community college as well! It's nice to give back!

You most likely got an email from (Maduro) Roxanne with an invoice for the Fiji trip. Question for you: If you already have the highest level of DAN Dive Accident Insurance (Guardian level), it appears that the protection plan offered by Maduro includes travel AND dive accident coverage. I've been researching DAN to see if they have just Travel Insurance, but their policy is a combination of travel and dive accident insurance. Has anyone ever contacted DAN to see if you can just purchase the Travel Insurance portion only? I tried calling this morning but they're closed until Monday.

Cheryl Paige and I researched and debated this last year before our trip to the Philippines. Our decision was to continue to renew our DAN Dive insurance each year as we have been doing. Then we added the DAN Annual Travel Insurance. Since we make several trips a year, this seemed to be the best option for us. The coverage is not as extensive as the policy Maduro offers, but our greatest concern was that we have someone to contact if we have a medical emergency. Our two Dan policies will work together to get whatever assistance we need, and they will also get us back to the states where we would be covered under our regular insurance. We certainly do not "know all" but we made the best decision we could that was affordable for us. Also we did a "live-aboard" last year, and that was also covered.

Our policy may not reimburse large amounts for lost trip, travel and luggage etc. But it does offer the medical coverage and assistance if we have an emergency. It is reassuring to know "who to call" with an emergency.

I would love to hear other perspectives on this decision.

Thanks for the info, Carolyn. I just went on the DAN Annual Travel Insurance website and and this is what it said: Coverage available for U.S. Residents. Except in Florida, New York, and Montana. That leaves us out since we live in FL. However, I can get coverage for single trips.

Hi Carol, I did contact DAN travel insurance for the MEDICAL portion when we were in Bonaire - remember my knee injury from the [attempted] shore entry at Salt Pier? They were great with advice, follow up, even got another email from them about 3 weeks after returning from Bonaire. Sorry you can't get coverage as a Florida resident, dang fine print of insurance policies! Good luck with your decision. Looking forward to this trip!

Thanks, Cheryl. We'll keep on looking! So excited you three ladies are going to Fiji, too!

We returned yesterday (2/24/18) from 7 nights at Beqa Lagoon Resort - No matter what they say, BLR and the Shark Dives at Cathedral will exceed your wildest expectations. WOW. Just wait till you have 3 or more Tigers in the arena and a 10 ft Bull shows up. YIKES! (they don't get along) things got a little crazy for about 10 minutes. AWESOME dives. The Tigers ranged from 9 ft to 14 foot. Dozens of Lemons and Tawney Nurse sharks too.
If the boys (BLR Dive Team) started feeding the pervious night or very early the morning of your dives, you may find a 10 ft Tiger waiting for you under the boat as soon as you roll in at about 9:30 AM. Stay vertical and don't turn your back on her - she's just checking you out. Proceed to the arena and get ready to rumble. AMAZING. Dumbstruck with awe.

As for the BLR itself, Perfect! Music, Fire Walkers, Tribal dancers, Outstanding food and PLENTY of it. Building fresh water showers at the dive shop while we were there. The BLR Dive Team RULES. Such nice guys.
And don't forget to do the shore dive. We saw Blue Spotted Rays, Textile Snails, White Tipped Reef Sharks, Phantom Bannerfish and much more. The boys will take you out to the far channel marker in the Tinny if you don't feel like swimming all the way out. Easy diving with a max depth of 10M X 90 min dive time. Water temp was 84-86F last week.

I WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom