ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a discussion thread anywhere of the June trip coming up? Can't seem to find it anywhere

Any idea when info re: the 2022 Surge will come together? Looking at a late fall / winter trip and would like to include the Surge in the pool of candidate locations. TIA!

We haven't completely ruled out a January Surge, but it's looking more and more like it will be Spring. It's much easier to plan a small trip of 3 or 4 people than it is to do that for five or six dozen.

Anyone want to go diving in Pakistan with me in February?

Do Surges ever run for shorter periods of time? Was thinking about joining a quicker one with less days/dives. I suppose I could just crash the location and meet up for some of it.

Do Surges ever run for shorter periods of time? Was thinking about joining a quicker one with less days/dives. I suppose I could just crash the location and meet up for some of it.
They are for one or two weeks. Crashing the dives is probably not going to happen. We buy the entire boat to keep crowding to a minimum. We don't like crowded aka "cattle boats"! Visiting us in the evening is sometimes a possibility depending on the resort.

@cardzard and @ROXANNE put an amazing amount of effort to get you your money's worth. They vet the dive-op. they vet the boats, they vet the dive sites, they vet the hotel/resort, they vet the invaders, and they leave absolutely nothing but the weather to chance. They obviously care about their fellow ScubaBoarders and it really shows. I can't say enough good about our invasions. In addition, you will not be able to get the same or better deal anywhere else. These two are ruthless about how much it's going to cost.

There was an incident in Cozumel a few years ago. I was rudely confronted by a shop owner during dinner about me telling his clients how much the invaders were paying. First, he was mad that we were about 2/3s what his peeps were paying. Well, this is not a moneymaker for us. It's our forum week-long party! Second, he was pissed that what we charged was less than he was paying per client. Well, that year we only brought 120ish with us while he brought 24 or so. We are one of the biggest groups out there so we have a lot more clout. Third, he was pissed that while we were cheaper he had a better package. I think we had unlimited shore diving and NitrOx that year. They had to pay extra for both.I did point out that I discussed no finances with anyone, and there's simply no way I can keep their peeps from talking with mine. Yeah, I got the cold shoulder from him all week. :D It would have been brutal if I wasn't sharing the resort with 120 of my closest friends!

Since we are such a large group, no one ever gets to take advantage of us. Strength in numbers. Did your reg crap out? There are a few extra with the group. Do you have a problem? No, you merely have the opportunity to watch our dynamic duo resolve almost anything that gets thrown at them. Few ever realize that there was ever a problem. I can't wait to get back on the plane again, but I trust these two to make the best decision for all of us. It takes time to make their magic happen, but it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks for the feedback @The Chairman - very much appreciated as it'll be the first Surge/Invasion for myself and the Mrs. once we get a chance to join in. Next spring will be problematic as we're already slated for St. Lucia at the end of April, but we'll look forward to see what is scheduled perhaps later in the year and get our Scubaboards on with everyone at that point. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom