ScubaBoard is MOVING... (if you're nice, we'll even tell you where)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just under 6 years ago, ScubaBoard.Com set out to create a community for divers. In that time we've grown and grown. In fact we've grown so much that we're one of the largest scuba diving websites in the world -- how's that for a six year old? As a part of this process it's time for us to upgrade to a new home once again; you could consider it buying a new rig -- it's not the biggest deal in the world but it takes a little time to get everything setup just right.

The new servers are a pair of Opteran 265s with twin Dual Core processors and lots of memory and storage. They will be talking to each other over their directly connected Gig NICs. Sweet!

This process will start at 10:00pm EST, May 24, 2006 and is expected to take 24-48 hours, but hopefully less! It's a big move to an even better system that will help take us far into the future. We will have the temporary site ScubaBoard2 setup for those who CAN'T stay away (Anyone up for MOF/NMOF MMMCI???). If not, please take a few hours off, find a book, catch a movie, or better yet... go out and dive and check back with us in a day or so! Thank you!

... my methadone Pete?

wow, how exciting! thanks for spending the bank. :giveusahu

Is the new site just the temp site? Or will it eventually be our new home permanently after the upgrade?

It's just a temp site while this one gets moved.

dork.

yea, bubbles, you are a real party animal! so...how was it over there? smell like fresh paint?

OK. I'm going to get some work done and go see the DiVinci Code tonight.:D

AAAAAAGH, NOOOO! Can't.........breathe...........*help* (thud)

Guess I'll have to actually work here at work then *sigh*
Ber :lilbunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom