ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2015 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elena originally told me about it and showed me her BC and I then I talked with Lamar and Leann. I was "sold" when Elena told me that Dive Rite donates $100 to the Coral Restoration project for every "coral edition" they sell. Went straight to my heart! Call Dive Rite for more info.

So I finally finished up editing my photos last night - final count was 400+ which seemed a bit lite. I'm thinking the lionfish hunt took more than a few opportunities away but it was well worth it. I finally got to see a Goldenchain after 5 years of diving along with 2 Peas which brings my total to 3 seen. Equally surprising was winning the photo scavenger hunt without a juvy spotted drum - I was worried as that wouldn't have flown on an Invasion. As usual, Roxanne & Dennis nailed it. Accommodations I don't really think could have been much better - Rooms were great and the food was plentiful, varied, and very tasty. It was certainly easy to find something to like. Dive Op was outstanding - plenty of room on the boats and the crew was extremely helpful and accommodating. Roxanne said I could link my FB album so here goes.

OK that was a fail......

Last edited:
So I finally finished up editing my photos last night - final count was 400+ which seemed a bit lite. I'm thinking the lionfish hunt took more than a few opportunities away but it was well worth it. I finally got to see a Goldenchain after 5 years of diving along with 2 Peas which brings my total to 3 seen. Equally surprising was winning the photo scavenger hunt without a juvy spotted drum - I was worried as that wouldn't have flown on an Invasion. As usual, Roxanne & Dennis nailed it. Accommodations I don't really think could have been much better - Rooms were great and the food was plentiful, varied, and very tasty. It was certainly easy to find something to like. Dive Op was outstanding - plenty of room on the boats and the crew was extremely helpful and accommodating. Roxanne said I could link my FB album so here goes

https://www.facebook.com/jack.strieter/media_set?set=a.10205211402547012.1073741843.1304393766&type=3

Your album won't share here, only on the FB event page. You can though post some of your favorites here. Don't forget to enter some in the Vivid-Pix contest as well and congrats again on winning the underwater scavenger hunt! :D :acclaim:

Elena originally told me about it and showed me her BC and I then I talked with Lamar and Leann. I was "sold" when Elena told me that Dive Rite donates $100 to the Coral Restoration project for every "coral edition" they sell. Went straight to my heart! Call Dive Rite for more info.

Cindy has Jared's card. Did you order directly from Dive Rite or a dealer?

Just found out Cindy has bronchitis and must take a bucket full of meds. Why does this always happen to her on SB trips? Anyway, she thought I was going to get her a Transpac for Christmas. :no: That's on her. I have something else in mind.

Cindy has Jared's card. Did you order directly from Dive Rite or a dealer?

Just found out Cindy has bronchitis and must take a bucket full of meds. Why does this always happen to her on SB trips? Anyway, she thought I was going to get her a Transpac for Christmas. :no: That's on her. I have something else in mind.

Tell Cindy we hope she feels better soon.

Here's the 2 coral restoration dive groups from the SURGE!

11234004_198115197190469_1095970265974300294_n.jpg12316573_197777727224216_4415179250030898016_n.jpg

As an FYI for those that participated in the CRF dive - my card used at check-in was charged after we had cleared expenses at the Sunscape shop. We didn't realize that the donation & tank fills for that excursion weren't itemized in with the boat trips & dive shop purchases.

All of my charges went on one itemized bill at the end but the charges haven't hit the credit card yet weird.

All of my charges went on one itemized bill at the end but the charges haven't hit the credit card yet weird.

OK so after actually communicating with Karen at OE - the charges that posted were for some photos Andora purchased from the shop photogs. These weren't included in the itemized bill we were presented when we processed out that morning. No worries - there's a really good one of us with a nice lionfish on the tines and one of us in mid 'smooch'. Sorry if I spun anyone up or caused confusion.

Back
Top Bottom