ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2015 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys,
Been busy trying to get caught up after a great week in Curacao. We had a great time with the whole group. We are glad that we were able to introduce some of you to our company.

I think it is awesome that we have some new Coral Lovers out there too. The Coral Restoration Foundation is doing some awesome work to restore our corals and oceans. We do have our special CRF TransPac XT that we donate a $100 to CRF for every unit sold. If you are interested in one of these BCs just shoot me an email at jaredh@diverite.com and I will be glad to arrange it through a dealer.

Hopefully we will get a chance to dive with all of you again soon!!

Safe Diving,
Jared

This was our first ScubaBoard trip, and my husband and I couldn't have been more appreciative of all the hard work Dennis and Roxanne did in organizing the event. Having a lot of experience in group travel and conference planning, I know how much time and energy goes into making sure the event runs smoothly, and if there are bumps, the attendees know nothing about them because the planners take care of everything behind the scenes. It's a thankless job. Way to go Dennis and Roxanne! You two ROCK!

Sunscape Resort: We had a wonderful room in the Tower building. We had a "garden" room but really didn't see a garden but had a nice side view of the ocean. We enjoyed the great balcony for relaxing and drying gear. The room was very spacious and made up nicely each day. The refrigerator was refilled everyday with Coke, water, and beer (no extra charge). The employees were very nice and always greeted us with a smile. There was no lack of food or drink. I'm probably the pickiest eater on the planet, and I still found plenty to eat. The beach was beautiful and there were all kinds of resort activities one could participate in. Nice job Sunscape!

Ocean Encounters: Wow, what a great dive shop with fun and dedicated staff. The captains and dive masters were very safety conscientious, the boats were clean and got us to the dive sites quickly, the shop staff were so friendly and accommodating. The diving was absolutely beautiful (even though the wind blew like crazy all week the viz was still good) and we will definitely dive in Curacao again AND with Ocean Encounters. One thing I really liked was that each group had the same dive master everyday. Jordi was our dive master and he was terrific! What a nice guy and very helpful. He got very used to his group after a week of diving with us....and he stuck with us the whole time :thanks::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:! Thanks Ocean Encounters for making our diving a trip to remember!

Dive Rite: What a wonderful way for divers to learn about Dive Rite products! Even though we didn't try out any of the gear, we talked with many people who did and they loved the Dive Rite products. I was impressed with the back inflate BC that some of the women tried out, and had I not just bought a new back inflate BC a year ago, I would've tried the Dive Rite one out. Nikki looked SO good diving it....I was impressed how well it fit a small woman. The products and gift certificates Dive Rite donated were much appreciated, too. Thanks Dive Rite!!!

And last, but not least: NetDoc and mseleneous-----thanks so much for all you do for the scuba diving community! We've learned so much from both of you and you've made a huge difference in how we dive. Thanks, also, for hanging out with us....we hope that we can dive with you again soon, and remember there's always room for you at our place in Hobe Sound. Thanks Pete and Elena!!

The the Surge Crew: It was fun meeting so many of you and we hope our paths cross again at another ScubaBoard Surge/Invasion. You made us newbies feel welcome!

The beautiful dives, the Coral Restoration, the Lionfish hunt, and the great people we met made this a vacation that we will be talking about for a long, long time.

Happy Bubbles!!!

islanddream

Jack, I just viewed your photos on Shutterfly. :clapping: Excellent work. You really have an eye for finding hidden treasures and composition.

Thanks I appreciate it but not some of my best work - previous Invasions were much better. There's a couple of ones I'm pleased with but really when I started looking through them, the total numbers were way down and the really nice ones were only a few. Too much focus on finding & poking lionfish and not as much regard to really setting up and getting the 'shot'. It's still fun but I'm really trying hard not to get encumbered with a UFO camera 'rig' that needs its own travel case.

Thanks I appreciate it but not some of my best work - previous Invasions were much better. There's a couple of ones I'm pleased with but really when I started looking through them, the total numbers were way down and the really nice ones were only a few. Too much focus on finding & poking lionfish and not as much regard to really setting up and getting the 'shot'. It's still fun but I'm really trying hard not to get encumbered with a UFO camera 'rig' that needs its own travel case.

Don't forget to enter some of those pics in the Vivid-Pix Contest!

Nice video. Was that Roxanne's rig with the air leak? What up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom