ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2018 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under 90 Days!
Well, I guess we should get started on chosen
which T-Shirt Design you all want.
Check out the new thread Roxanne put up.
I know which one's my favorite, Tee Hee! :rocker:
ScubaBoard SURGE 2018 Crew T-Shirt Voting

How much interest (number of) is needed for solo?

What??? On my birthday??

It's been a joy catching up on all 22 pages of posts in this thread. I'll check with NASE about the NitrOx course. I certainly don't mind teaching it for free. :D Also, I'm thinking about teaching AOW, and Deep Diver in the afternoon. I need at least two and no more than six. I could probably do a solo course if there was enough interest. Just let me know.

How much interest (number of) is needed for solo?
One. :D With a max of four.

Hey guys, I'll be finishing up some paperwork at DEMA and will be posting class schedules that Monday or Tuesday.

One. :D With a max of four.

Hey guys, I'll be finishing up some paperwork at DEMA and will be posting class schedules that Monday or Tuesday.

Hi Chairman,

What cert agency will the Solo cert be from? SDI?

I have a PADI Self Reliant, but might be interested in obtaining an SDI cert.

Thanks,
markm (wife Cathy)
PS: Paid-up today, so hopefully we will be on the crew list shortly.

I'm not sure yet. I can teach it through NASE as a distinct specialty, but I would rather do it through SDI as a standard class. I'll know after DEMA. I'm an SDI/TDI instructor, so it's just a matter of adding it to my credentials.

EDIT>>> All classes will be taught in the afternoon at our own private dive spot. You won't miss any boat dives over this.

I'd be interested in doing Deep Diver with you one of the afternoons! (through SDI I'm guessing?)

My ideal class would include some things I'm a little rusty on:
- calculating SAC + planning a dive based on our air consumption / NDLs
- handling depth > 90-100ft (does Bonaire have a good place for this?)
- shooting SMBs from depth
- air sharing or any other type of emergency management (I really enjoy these drills :D)

I'll look out for the schedule!

I'd be interested in doing Deep Diver with you one of the afternoons! (through SDI I'm guessing?)
That would be through NASE. I'll be doing trim propulsion and weight clinics Sunday afternoon and as we need them. This is a requirement for EVERYONE taking a class from me for the first time. I will be covering the physics and practics of these and we'll go for a dive and practice hovering. Everything in your description fits with NASE's class and we'll have a few more things to learn such as identifying and managing narcosis and buddy skills.

Back
Top Bottom