ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2018 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wayward bag with our regs & her fins and stuff finally showed up - we barely made the connection in Atlanta but it is odd that both bags were together on the TSA belt after going through customs/immigration. Was one less bag to haul up the stairs though :) Great trip as always so kudos to Dennis & Roxanne. Bonaire is a place I could go back to but it was a bit more work doing the shore diving - Andora will likely pass on anything but a full gradual sandy walk-in. She took a spill at both Pink Beach (in) and The Lake (out) with the Lake necessitating a search & recovery of one of her pink TwinJets. I gave up on it after searching the ledge for a few minutes where the current was surging only to find out that hers are actually positively buoyant. Saw the tips just poking out of the water about 60 yards off the beach and a good bit down from where she crashed. Other than that was a great experience :) Is it June yet?

A lot has changed at the Plaza Resort Bonaire and all for the better!

Hagaan (sp?), the shop manager was awesome. Thanks to you and your crew for making the diving on the boats awesome!!! :D :D :D

His far better half, Liz was equally as awesome as our group guide.

The only shore dives I did were at 18 Palms. I'm not getting younger and I'm not going to risk life and limb when there's a boat available. :D :D :D

The Hilma Hooker was awesome this year. I hadn't liked it much before, but this year it was great.

My favorite dive was the Salt Pier. We should have done that dive 20 times. :D :D :D

Slagbaai Washington National Park was as awesome as always. The three caracaras made it unforgettable.

A lot has changed at the Plaza Resort Bonaire and all for the better!

Hagaan (sp?), the shop manager was awesome. Thanks to you and your crew for making the diving on the boats awesome!!! :D :D :D

His far better half, Liz was equally as awesome as our group guide.

The only shore dives I did were at 18 Palms. I'm not getting younger and I'm not going to risk life and limb when there's a boat available. :D :D :D

The Hilma Hooker was awesome this year. I hadn't liked it much before, but this year it was great.

My favorite dive was the Salt Pier. We should have done that dive 20 times. :D :D :D

Slagbaai Washington National Park was as awesome as always. The three caracaras made it unforgettable.

You should post your video in the Favorite Memories thread!

My missing checked luggage just arrived at my door
Was last seen at Houston after arriving from Bonaire to clear customs
It never made the connecting flights
TSA doing there thing and left there calling card
Everything seems to be accounted for to the best of my knownledge
Happy to have it back

See everyone on the next SB Event
Cheers :wink:
:scubadiver:

wayward bag with our regs & her fins and stuff finally showed up - we barely made the connection in Atlanta but it is odd that both bags were together on the TSA belt after going through customs/immigration. Was one less bag to haul up the stairs though :) Great trip as always so kudos to Dennis & Roxanne. Bonaire is a place I could go back to but it was a bit more work doing the shore diving - Andora will likely pass on anything but a full gradual sandy walk-in. She took a spill at both Pink Beach (in) and The Lake (out) with the Lake necessitating a search & recovery of one of her pink TwinJets. I gave up on it after searching the ledge for a few minutes where the current was surging only to find out that hers are actually positively buoyant. Saw the tips just poking out of the water about 60 yards off the beach and a good bit down from where she crashed. Other than that was a great experience :) Is it June yet?

Hey it was a pleasure meeting everyone @ The Surge
Some of the best shore dives are defiantly sportier entries and exits with current
Hope we didn't mislead you guys
My apologies to Andora
Hope to see you guys on the next SB Event
Cheers

heh - oh yeah... and I ended up with 498 dives after Saturday's afternoon splash. Knew I was getting close to the magic 500 - it sure would have been nice to crack that nut on the Surge. We had only one day where we got 4 dives in but 3/day was the norm. Certainly easier to just fall off a boat 4 times/day but there were rarely any dives off the shore where we ran into anyone other than our group of 4. Gotta love that! This destination was on my bucket list, which for the Caribbean, is getting smaller and smaller. Belize, Utila, maybe Turks/Caicos (though heard it is expensive), and likely a full trip to Little Cayman (Bloody Bay Wall was outstanding) remain. Dennis/Roxanne - hint, hint, nudge, nudge :) Dennis seems really excited about the possibilities he's got in the works so whatever happens, I'm sure it will be awesome as usual.

Back
Top Bottom