ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The earlier the better, ambergris is infectious. Tuesday night is ‘wine de vine’ social up the road from ramons...that’s always a fun and friendly drop in. Zero wine snobbery. Then on to crazy Canuck for the Hermit crab races :) For $5 you get to name a crab and it it wins you win the pot.. my favourite ever name is still ‘My Auntie Sharon is a bitch’..

Thursday night is Mayan throwback all you can eat at elvie’s etc etc...

I’d get to ambergris on a Monday or Tuesday AM. If I were you :)

who knows, maybe we will see you there :drunks:

It would be fun if some other folks arrive early!

I always advise/arrange a group arrival days early so we can get the drinking/reminiscing/sore head mornings out if the way before the diving trip begins proper :) then tradition of one bottle of champagne on the last night after the last dive and we are done till next time !

Cool, I guess we'll see who decides to come early! Has everyone purchased their airfare or are y'all waiting?

I’ll be in ambergris anyway and happy to buy anyone a beer who is floating around :) not ready to chance the dive haven though..still struggling to find a credible first hand ‘even average’ review.I’ll take my 3 tank day trip out to turneffe and have my sundowners on the ambergris shore. :wink:

I spent a week on Ambergris Caye at the Sunbreeze Hotel one month after Hurricane Earl ripped up the coastline and reef, so the quality of the diving wasn't the best. Hopefully, the reef has recovered a bit. The hotel has an on-site dive shop, good dive guides, and it's a beach-front hotel. They've got a nice pool to hang out in too. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and air conditioned. There's a restaurant and bar on site also. I really enjoyed the "all-inclusive" feeling without the all-inclusive price because all the amenities are located on site. Everything is very conveniently located, even a bank down the street if you should need some cash. It's really convenient from the airport...first time I ever walked off the plane and across the street to the hotel :wink: There's lots of good local food, but not advisable to walk around at night alone. Here's their web address: www.sunbreeze.net. I've been watching airfares, but haven't found a decent schedule or price from the West Coast. I plan to arrive on Jan. 8th, staying at the Best Western just to rest up before the diving begins and it's where we are picked up by the transport operator.

If anyone is staying at the Best Western Plus in Belize City, the standard room price dropped $30 per night from when I booked in April. I cancelled and re-booked at the lower price.:wink:
SWEET! I still haven't decided on my arrival date or where I'm staying. But that is good to know.

106132220_3237100502977625_6511322279353842859_o.jpg
Spending lots of time looking into part-time expat stuff about Ambergris! And then there's THIS!

https://myemail.constantcontact.com...unces-Phased-Re-opening-Plan-for-Tourism.html.

CRAP link doesn't work and it won't let me copy/paste (like WTH!) but you can see it here. Belize Tourism Board

Back
Top Bottom