Scubalamp V6K 12000 lumen video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone used or seen the Scubalamp video lights particularly the V6K? see Scubalamp V6K LED Video Light

If so what are your thoughts? Does the output match the rating?

They are made by SUPE a Chinese electronic company .

The price looks very attractive and great power at 12000 lumens for less than $900AUD.

I was going to pull the trigger on a pair of Keldan 4Xs (9000 lumens), whilst reputation and quality of the Keldan is unsurpassed, the specs of the V6K look very good.

I can get two of the V6Ks with spare battery packs for less than the price of a single Keldan 4X and with 25% more lumens.

I've recently swapped from 2x Keldan Luna8's (the 5000lm CRI model) to the V6K Pro's (but got 4 :eyebrow: ) - overall I'm very impressed with them. They are wider - 110-120' compared to the 90' of the Keldan, so the immediate doubling of power isn't evident, but I do notice I'm getting more coverage (which makes sense) with similar light levels (if comparing 2 V6K's with 2 Keldan's) there is no hot spot or harsh drop off - and the color etc is just as good (to me)

My only concert is the use of having to remove the light head to charge the batteries and it being Aluminium to Aluminium - will have to take care of the constant unscrewing / rescrewing on the threads. Where as the Keldan its a plastic cap you remove.

I ended up getting two of the V6K's and have used them one dive, based on that I was very impressed by their power, coverage and evenness of light.

The only concern I have is that I think the button could easily be bumped on during travel, causing them to overheat, so need to be diligent about keeping the battery pack unscrewed a turn to disconnect it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom