Scubapro c300 and Cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kasper wendelboe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, i got My drysuit now. And Are ready for testning it out side the pool, now My question is My scubapro c300 and c200. Will they be fine in water at 2-3 celsius? I Cant find info anywere

The C300s are attached to the Mk2s for rental which we use during the summer for teaching. We do go below the thermocline (low 40s F) and the C300 has worked well with no issues. I don't use the Mk2 for winter or spring diving since the water is quite cold (30s F). I think the reg would hold up well in the 30s with a good first stage, but I haven't tried it. Personally, If I was serious about using the C series for cold I would go with the C370. Nonetheless, I do like the C series reg for simple stuff. For everything else I use the G260.

It is a downstream design, with a specially designed poppet that has the airflow before the spring, and a large exhalation valve. The lever pivots in a fashion not as likely to bind up with ice as two-legged designs. With proper cold water breathing technique, it is not as likely to freeze up as more complex designs.

Can't say much on the second stage as I use 109/156/g250 variants only if using single hose in cold water.

Now, as to a first stage:

upload_2018-12-11_15-48-4.png

MK-2........

I'd take in in a heartbeat over a MK-25....

The C300s are attached to the Mk2s for rental which we use during the summer for teaching. We do go below the thermocline (low 40s F) and the C300 has worked well with no issues. I don't use the Mk2 for winter or spring diving since the water is quite cold (30s F). I think the reg would hold up well in the 30s with a good first stage, but I haven't tried it. Personally, If I was serious about using the C series for cold I would go with the C370. Nonetheless, I do like the C series reg for simple stuff. For everything else I use the G260.
Great thank you

It is a downstream design, with a specially designed poppet that has the airflow before the spring, and a large exhalation valve. The lever pivots in a fashion not as likely to bind up with ice as two-legged designs. With proper cold water breathing technique, it is not as likely to freeze up as more complex designs.
Cold water breaths?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom