ScubaPro cancels Parts for Life program! Is there a case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davbader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I've just paid over $100 for parts for 4 ScubaPro stages. These are properly registered pieces of gear but I went beyond the new thirteen month maintanence limit on three of them. The fourth was within the period but I was charged anyway. LDS said there was nothing they could do. I paid a premium years ago for regs covered by the parts for life program. Now ScubaPro, without written notice to its consumers, has changed the program and is denying something that I paid for years ago. To me that is a breach of contract for which I should be compensated. Is there anyone out there considering a class action suit? Is there a case?

I've been a loyal ScubaPro customer for over 15 years and own three reg sets and three Air2's. I'll be selling my ScubaPro regs in the spring!

Perhaps you could request this moved to the ScubaPro forum, and ask them directly?

Perhaps with a little less of an "in-your-face" approach . . . :ijs:

davbadr, call lds and explain to them that scubaboard member said if I pay this year I will be back on parts for life. actually email them so you can show what you have been told, then send to scubapro on a post in there forum.

davbadr, call lds and explain to them that scubaboard member said if I pay this year I will be back on parts for life. actually email them so you can show what you have been told, then send to scubapro on a post in there forum.

But doesn't it sound like that was the "old" way (if you went past the deadline you could buy parts and be reinstated), but the "new" way is specifically different, and once you are past due you cannot reinstate?

That's not to say the OP shouldn't contact Scubapro and plead his case; I would. But I don't see how telling them another Scubaboard poster said they should do it the old way would hold a lot of weight? (Unless Scubapro themselves said it here - but I have not seen that as of yet.)

Perhaps you could request this moved to the ScubaPro forum, and ask them directly?

Perhaps with a little less of an "in-your-face" approach . . . :ijs:

That's a lovely way to stir the pot. However, this kind of question about company policy, as opposed to product support is not up for discussion in the Q&A Forums. The Q&A Forums are a way to discuss product issues, etc. Asking "Why is my warranty not honored, when I only went a little beyond the warranty period" doesn't really fall into a product question, it's more of a gripe. This belongs in Whine and Cheese. As for filing a class action suit? Good luck... I hope your coffee isn't too hot. Maybe there's a lawsuit against Wendy's for that? I do agree with Blue Sparkle though... If you have a reg that is still under warranty. I would email the customer service department of SCUBAPRO, or try to PM one of the SCUBAPRO people, rather than trying to force a public outcry over something that you obviously missed the boat on for 75% of your gear. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. :wink:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-manufacturers/247154-special-rules-q-forums.html

Special Rules for Q&A Forums

Special Rules:

While posting questions, comments, or otherwise in these Q&A Forums - Please keep in mind that the Manufacturers represented here have graciously agreed to host those forums so that they can communicate about their products directly to the world via ScubaBoard. These are their forums, and so we have given them the right to moderate them as they see fit for both content and appropriateness.

This moderation includes the ability to delete posts which may not conform to the spirit of the Q&A Forums. Posts regarding company policy as opposed to questions about products and services may be removed at the companies (or ScubaBoard's) discretion. These forums are intended to serve as a customer support and product information FAQ for the companies that participate here.

These forums are intended as a way to give them an interaction within the largest public forum dedicated to Scuba diving. As with all of the forums here on ScubaBoard, it's best to approach such an opportunity to communicate with your favorite manufacturers with courtesy and respect. Please keep in mind, that while there are many Manufacturing Reps and Customer Support People answering questions here, it is not unusual for you to find yourself interacting with the President, CEO, or owner.

With that said, you may find that some manufacturers may take longer to reply to your postings, as many of these participants have busy schedules.

Thanks and enjoy!​

That's a lovely way to stir the pot. However, this kind of question about company policy, as opposed to product support is not up for discussion in the Q&A Forums. The Q&A Forums are a way to discuss product issues, etc. Asking "Why is my warranty not honored, when I only went a little beyond the warranty period" doesn't really fall into a product question, it's more of a gripe. This belongs in Whine and Cheese. As for filing a class action suit? Good luck... I hope your coffee isn't too hot. Maybe there's a lawsuit against Wendy's for that? I do agree with Blue Sparkle though... If you have a reg that is still under warranty. I would email the customer service department of SCUBAPRO, or try to PM one of the SCUBAPRO people, rather than trying to force a public outcry over something that you obviously missed the boat on for 75% of your gear. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. :wink:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-manufacturers/247154-special-rules-q-forums.html

Is this not a question concerning products and services or product support? Scubapro abruptly changed a service program without effectively informing customers. You can lob softballs for now, the problem will not go away. A thoughtful response from SP might go a long way in defusing the situation.

Blue it was to LDS from SB member, I do not know what it was till other post, either way it is what it is, and one way if you service every year at same LDS have them send you a notification, or set it up yourself.

Sand is the worst for regs and most problems occur from not rinsing all sand out, or salt build up.

Howard is right a PM will get more help, and the LDS is the one that can help if you are a loyal customer.

Dav, from my understanding the parts for life was discontinued for new purchases, unless you bought certain packages, and for older regs that were no longer under warranty. This would mean that 3 of your regs went out of warranty but the 4th should have been warranty. I could be wrong on that but that was my understanding when it was explained to me. Since there are only 2 Scubapro shops in our area, I think I have a guess as to which one you went to.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom