Scubapro Chromis Exhausting Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dm_junkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Anyone has issue with high battery issue? I had a battery change before and went for a LOB trip and all is well. After one month from the trip, did another shore dive and the unit was functioning well.

Recently, notice the battery is low, perhaps due to the usage. Did a battery replacement at the end of Jan and left it untouched in the drawer and I discovered that the battery went dead. I just had the battery replaced and hopefully it is fine; just a defective battery.

Could this be due to some function or because of a one single drop of the watch from the table to floor which had caused this issue (that's what I read in the manual).

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

Based on the lack of response this doesn't seem to be a common problem with the Chromis. My recommendation would be to replace the battery and monitor the unit. If it drains quickly again, take it back to your LDS or contact Scubapro directly. Also, as a recommendation to everyone reading this post, go out and buy a simple multimeter from a hardware or electronics store. You can get a cheap one for around $10. Use it to verify the condition of your batteries. You can verify that the old battery is truly dead and that the new battery has sufficient voltage. This way you can determine if it is a battery problem or a computer problem. Instruction for the use of multimeters can be found on youtube.

Good luck

Actually Scubapro Chromis and Meridian are famously known to deplete batteries rather fast. I have to change them 2-3 times in a year (tropical water, each <50 dives per year). You are definitely not alone, my friends with Chromis and Meridian can testify the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom