Scubapro Din Adapters - Mk5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texfrazer

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I ran across a little info sheet on Din adapters issued by SP in '97. View attachment DINAdaptors.pdf

For those looking for a Mk5 Din Adapter, you might find this interesting. At one time, there was such a thing specifically for the Mk5. It even had it's own part number.

Enjoy!

Tex

Thanks for the PDF file.

It is interesting to notice that it is dated 12/97.

I have a carbon copy of a letter that I wrote to Scubapro in 1977 asking for a 5/8 European threaded connection fitting for my MK-5 (back then the DIN fitting was not called DIN). Scubapro didn’t seem to have a clue of what I was talking about.

They actually refer me to the Scubapro dealer at the time in Puerto Rico, Divers Service Center, in order to obtain information about their regulators.
The more amusing part is that they didn’t even pay attention to the letter head. I used our letter head paper from Divers Service Center. At the time I was the primary technician at the shop.

Luis, so Scuba Pro advised you to call yourself. That reminds me of a TV add for a record shop in New Orleans. The owner says in the add, "When you come to the shop, tell me I sent you."

I received one of the adapters like the top one along with a MK10 I bought on eBay. Item 4 nomenclature indicates a washer. It is actually a SS spacer and was not included. Thanks to Matt I now have one, but if any of you purchase an adapter like this, make sure it comes with that spacer.

Curious. Do the DIN adapters for the newer SP regs (MK 25/17/2) fit the older models. I know the MK 5 is a special animal, but what about the MK 10 and MK 2?

c

Last edited:
I am using a Scubapro Universal din retainer on one of my Mk5s. I added a brass washer (about 1mm thick) to prevent the retainer from seating so deep as to damage the o-ring seal in the threads. I modified the plastic spacer (saddle) that came with the retainer so it would not bind during operation. Seems to be working fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my MkV has a DIN adapter kit, works fine, use it often. N

Curious. Do the DIN adapters for the newer SP regs (MK 25/17/2) fit the older models. I know the MK 5 is a special animal, but what about the MK 10 and MK 2?

c

Yes, the newer kits fit the MK10/20/25. I tried.
I don't know about the MK2, don't have one.

Edit
Just looked it up on the schematics, the retainer is the same for the MK2 and the MK10/20/25, part #10-400-125. The MK5 needs an extra spacer, part #10-044-021, both for the yoke and the DIN.

Thanks for the PDF file.

It is interesting to notice that it is dated 12/97.

I have a carbon copy of a letter that I wrote to Scubapro in 1977 asking for a 5/8 European threaded connection fitting for my MK-5 (back then the DIN fitting was not called DIN). Scubapro didn’t seem to have a clue of what I was talking about.

They actually refer me to the Scubapro dealer at the time in Puerto Rico, Divers Service Center, in order to obtain information about their regulators.
The more amusing part is that they didn’t even pay attention to the letter head. I used our letter head paper from Divers Service Center. At the time I was the primary technician at the shop.

You gotta love canned responses. :idk:

Of course, the next logical question would be: Were you able to assist yourself with this issue? If not, and you reported it to Scubapro, would the shop have gotten in trouble? :D

Y The MK5 needs an extra spacer, part #10-044-021, both for the yoke and the DIN.

A #10 SS washer fits as a spacer, but isn't quite thick enough to allow the handwheel to turn if the saddle is installed. A 1/4" SS spacer is a shade too large in diameter to fit in the hole, but the thickness looks perfect when compared to the equivalent yoke part. Both washers were from Home Depot and labeled Everbilt.

The #10 washer and no saddle seems to work well on the preliminary tank testing.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2014 at 08:02 AM ----------

OK, I put in TWO #10 SS washers and reinstalled the saddle. On a tank overnight with no leaks and I can't cause a problem with rotating the 1st stage. I think I'm good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom