ScubaPro Dive bag and Cancer Warning Concerns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sticker is there for your edification. What you do with that information is your business. We should not complain about having access to information.

normal, everything in the state of california causes cancer

I hear they are even slapping the Prop 65 stickers on the foreheads of new born babies.

Also democracy is hard.
Direct democracy seems to be much more susceptible to nonsense outcomes. Ballot initiatives try to put a highly complex issue into a yes or no format. Complexity by definition precludes yes or no answers. Prop 65 and Brexit are two good examples of this. She would have to ingest the bag for it to cause cancer.

What we need is a law in other states that prohibits a proposition 65 warning on items sold in those states. Then manufacturers would have to either make California specific packaging or choose to sell their products only in Ca or not at all in Ca.

I'm sure prop 65 seemed like a good idea at the time. Now it just turns California into a laughing stock.

Completely true. Especially if you go outdoors in California during the daytime on a regular basis. I think they should put prop 65 warnings on every door leading to the outside.
Well, they say the sun causes skin cancer, so they should be flying around non stop with banner planes pulling a prop 65 warning sign so you can look up and read it, and then make the decision as to whether or not you want to expose yourself to the sun. Then the fuel and fumes caused by the plane “may” cause cancer too so they should probably include that.
There are literally thousands of items listed under prop 65. All it has become is a giant green light for every blood sucking attorney that can find any infraction regarding prop 65 violations. Literally every business in the state of CA has prop 65 warning signs up just to cover their asses whether they need to or not. The latest one is how wood dust causes cancer. Think I’m kidding? Go to any Home depot in CA and go into the lumber section, you’ll see warning signs everywhere.

There are literally thousands of items listed under prop 65. All it has become is a giant green light for every blood sucking attorney that can find any infraction regarding prop 65 violations.
It's actually just under a thousand: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/proposition-65-list
And not every blood-sucking attorney goes after Prop 65 violators. Some go after businesses violating the ADA or the Unruh Civil Rights Act (which outlaws discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, etc. by businesses in California.) Doesn't mean those laws haven't accomplished anything useful.

Well, in 10 or 20 years we won’t have to worry about prop 65 because by that time Mexico will probably have California back.
Do you think Mexico gives a damn about something like prop 65?

Well, in 10 or 20 years we won’t have to worry about prop 65 because by that time Mexico will probably have California back.
Do you think Mexico gives a damn about something like prop 65?
I think California from Tijuana to Tapachula will become Southern California, and Sandiego to Dorris will become Northern California. We won't need passports to get to Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom