Scubapro Fins - Go versus Go Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Scubapro introduced the Go fin last year and its upgrade this year, the Go Sport ($80 vs. $120). According to the literature, the Go Sport has a revised foot pocket, some new cosmetic “skeg” inserts at the fin tip and new fin color options. Can anyone please confirm one way or the other, if the Go Sport has any other (substantive) changes, like size, stiffness and fin performance. Thanks!

Scubapro introduced the Go fin last year and its upgrade this year, the Go Sport ($80 vs. $120). According to the literature, the Go Sport has a revised foot pocket, some new cosmetic “skeg” inserts at the fin tip and new fin color options. Can anyone please confirm one way or the other, if the Go Sport has any other (substantive) changes, like size, stiffness and fin performance. Thanks!
I don’t know if anyone has actually seen them yet, I’m hoping to get a set sooner rather than later but I’m very happy with the original I’m anxious to give these a shot.

I don’t know if anyone has actually seen them yet, I’m hoping to get a set sooner rather than later but I’m very happy with the original I’m anxious to give these a shot.

Lexvil... so you've got a pair of the Go fins and like them. I see you"re from Calif, what kind of diving do you do (with the Go fins)?

Lexvil... so you've got a pair of the Go fins and like them. I see you"re from Calif, what kind of diving do you do (with the Go fins)?
I use them in the pool for workout, when it’s warmer and I liked them so much I packed them on my trip to Truk last summer, I also brought my Eddy fins, I find the performance to be 98% of the eddy for frog kicks and 120% for flutter. The new ones, if they carried over everything but the foot pocket, I expect will be excellent even in cold water with a dry suit but it’s only a guess until I get my feet on a pair.

I use them in the pool for workout, when it’s warmer and I liked them so much I packed them on my trip to Truk last summer, I also brought my Eddy fins, I find the performance to be 98% of the eddy for frog kicks and 120% for flutter. The new ones, if they carried over everything but the foot pocket, I expect will be excellent even in cold water with a dry suit but it’s only a guess until I get my feet on a pair.

lexvil....... impressive report on your pool experience. I demoed a pair of Go fins for a short pool swim, and wasn't impressed.... maybe I didn't give myself enough time to get adjusted to them. your input is appreciated!

Purchased the new Go Sports in Yellow, size large a couple months back. Have about 10 dives on them so far. I bought the L per the sizing chart from Scubapro as I have a 11.5 foot. I wear a 5mm structured boot and they fit very well. Coming from much heavier Mares Quatro's, it did take a little getting used to as these are much lighter. I have since acclimated to them and am very pleased. Compact but maneuverable. Very good at Frog, flutter and back kicking. Overall been very happy with them and would recommend.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom