• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Scubapro Fins - Go versus Go Sport

Discussion in 'Fins, Masks and Snorkels' started by Doctor Rig, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Scubapro introduced the Go fin last year and its upgrade this year, the Go Sport ($80 vs. $120). According to the literature, the Go Sport has a revised foot pocket, some new cosmetic “skeg” inserts at the fin tip and new fin color options. Can anyone please confirm one way or the other, if the Go Sport has any other (substantive) changes, like size, stiffness and fin performance. Thanks!

2. lexvil

lexvil Manta Ray

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I don’t know if anyone has actually seen them yet, I’m hoping to get a set sooner rather than later but I’m very happy with the original I’m anxious to give these a shot.

Doctor Rig likes this.
  3. Doctor Rig

Lexvil... so you've got a pair of the Go fins and like them. I see you"re from Calif, what kind of diving do you do (with the Go fins)?

4. lexvil

lexvil Manta Ray

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I use them in the pool for workout, when it’s warmer and I liked them so much I packed them on my trip to Truk last summer, I also brought my Eddy fins, I find the performance to be 98% of the eddy for frog kicks and 120% for flutter. The new ones, if they carried over everything but the foot pocket, I expect will be excellent even in cold water with a dry suit but it’s only a guess until I get my feet on a pair.

5. Doctor Rig

lexvil....... impressive report on your pool experience. I demoed a pair of Go fins for a short pool swim, and wasn't impressed.... maybe I didn't give myself enough time to get adjusted to them. your input is appreciated!