SCUBAPRO G2 - a really customizable display in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flotul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I couldn't try this computer before I bought it so I was quite surprised when I realised the display is not "really" customizable.

This is what anyone can read on the official product's site:
Make it your own.
With innovative technology and a thoughtful, intuitive design, we created the next generation of the Galileo just for you.

• Customize your screen, colors, orientation, and even the attachments to make the G2 truly your own.
  • Customized menu listings give you the ability to use as much or as little of the technology as you want-with easy activation of freediving, trimix, CCR and sidemount modes without downloading or upgrading required.
I've had ALADIN computers for years (still have an AIR Z) and love the limited amount of information displayed: nothing is gadget, only useful information (at least to me) is displayed....but, it is LCD.

So when I got the G2, I discovered that I can only choose between different screens (4) and...that's almost it.

What about choosing this or that information I would like to be displayed on the screen or not?

Even worse, when it comes to display deco info, the screen is split in three lines instead of two which makes every information even smaller to read. I'm 54 and my eyes aren't like red wine...

Currently, the display is made of a patchwork of "tiles" (depth, temperature, time, and so on). Appart from some essential information one wouldn't be allowed to remove, why wouldn't it be possible to compose a customized display?

I was wondering if SCUBAPRO will, one day, make or adapt their G2 software to allow a really customizable (or configurable) display.

Roger

A few days ago, I was happily surprised to have a personal answer from the SCUBAPRO's RD department about my wish to have a simpler, clearer and "bigger" (understand "bigger font") display for the G2 when in deco mode.

I don't know yet what they are going to do about but at least, they responded to my message wich is already great :)

Wait and see... ;-)

You make a good point about custom display. I also had trouble reading the G2 but now I keep the display on bright mode all the time, find that the blue color scheme is easier to read than the default green, and crank the brightness up to near max. Fortunately the battery is very good and has no problem maintaining a bright display.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom