Scubapro G2 screen protection and languages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mortenscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It says the new G2 comes with "3M foil screen protector".
Is this the only screen protection option or will there be a hard sceen protection available as well?

I am from Norway. Is it possilbe to set this computer to norwegian language?

Morten

On the screen protector. I bought a small piece of the 3M paint protection film (you can get it from a car accessories store) so I can replace it whenever I need. I use the same with my Mantis as well. I wasn't a great fan of the hard protector on the Galileo as once scratched it was hard to see the screen when on shore. Also the new hard protectors are really expensive.

I agree with above that the plastic hard protectors really reduce readability. I take them off and replace with Zagg Invisibleshield. I bought a large sheet of it and just cut out a piece I need. Sure it's not as tough as the plastic but the readability is much better.

I agree with above that the plastic hard protectors really reduce readability. I take them off and replace with Zagg Invisibleshield. I bought a large sheet of it and just cut out a piece I need. Sure it's not as tough as the plastic but the readability is much better.

Where/What did you buy?

Where/What did you buy?
The one I find works well for scuba screen is the original wet apply. I bought a large sheet for an iPad like this one:

https://amazon.com/ZAGG-InvisibleShield-HDX-Screen-Protector/dp/B00F361JY2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1505157227&sr=8-5&keywords=zagg+invisible+shield&th=1

Cut it a little smaller than the screen. First fit the cut film on the screen, then wet the screen and your fingers and remove the backing to apply. With the large protector, if you screw up you just repeat the proces from another cut.

+1 on Zagg. Put it on my wife and I's galileos and it is great. Crystal clear and no scratches even if it takes some abuse. worlds better than the old Scubapro plastic covers.

+1 on Zagg. Put it on my wife and I's galileos and it is great. Crystal clear and no scratches even if it takes some abuse. worlds better than the old Scubapro plastic covers.

Easy to cut it to fit the DC screen? Also, what do you do about the curvy corners or round watch type computers?

Easy to cut it to fit the DC screen? Also, what do you do about the curvy corners or round watch type computers?
To make a circle you measure the diameter , divide by two and use a compass to trace the radius. To fit odd shape you make a template out of paper or cardboard first. It does not have to fit perfectly and it's unlikely to scratch near the edges.

What's wrong with the protector that comes with the G2. I use it and it's fine.

I had some spare made at photodon.com

I gave the measurements and for a few bucks I had 3 made and delivered to me. My dimensions came out be 53.34x38.1mm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom