Scubapro G2 Why 9 Microbubble Levels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CandiveOz

Contributor
Reaction score
I do not own a G2 but I am curious. Has anyone made a table listing depth and NDL for each microbubble level? Including L0 that would make 10 levels of conservatism, I can't help think that with L9, a diver would only have to put his face in the water and be required to do a deco stop.:confused:

Other than computers running adjustable gradient factors, most manufacturers offer say 1-3 conservative factors. Does anyone start their dive on L9?

Attachments

• SP G2 MB pg 78 v 1 3.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 180
I do not own a G2 but I am curious. Has anyone made a table listing depth and NDL for each microbubble level? Including L0 that would make 10 levels of conservatism, I can't help think that with L9, a diver would only have to put his face in the water and be required to do a deco stop.:confused:

Other than computers running adjustable gradient factors, most manufacturers offer say 1-3 conservative factors. Does anyone start their dive on L9?
I did a deep dive with my G2 along with a dive buddy who uses Shearwater at 40/70 gradient factors, and I had my G2 set to MB L2. At 100 feet he had a 1 minute stop at 20 feet and 5 minute stop at 10 feet. I had a level stop at 10 feet for 3 minutes. This tells me that 40/70 GF is more conservative than MB L2 and I plan to increase to MB L3.

I should add that the PDIS that the G2 offers also provides an increase in conservatism as it gives an optional 2 minute stop just as you start to offgas in a 10 ft depth band. The Shearwaters don't have that.

The 3 level conservatism system is outdated. The top dive computer manufacturer Shearwater uses gradient factors, that allows fine tuning of conservatism.

Back
Top Bottom