Scubapro G250 and Graphite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry!! I am new, here. I just tried to upload a pic, but not enough bandwidth where I am “connected,” apparently. Will try again when I am on a more robust connection. Thank you for the rapid response. Best

All good, and we want to help! Welcome to SB!

I note this thread is “old,” but I have a 250 with a “pebble-finished” case, a larger plastic adjustment knob, but does not have the “G250HP” designation. I have the first-generation and a “graphite,” but what is this one?
If this is the cover that you are referring to? The checkered cover has been on both the HP and non HP versions of the G250.
First is photo is G250. Next photo shows a pair of G250HP, one with HP printed and one only reading G250.
G250 pic.jpg g250hp.jpg
I believe a quick way know what you have is by looking at the adjustment knob. The G250 will have a smaller knob, my photo shows metal but it could also be dark black plastic. The G250HPs will have a slightly larger knob with a different shape that is obvious if you are looking for it. My photos do not do a good job of showing the knobs, but gives you the idea at least.

If this is the cover that you are referring to? The checkered cover has been on both the HP and non HP versions of the G250.
First is photo is G250. Next photo shows a pair of G250HP, one with HP printed and one only reading G250.
View attachment 561020 View attachment 561022
I believe a quick way know what you have is by looking at the adjustment knob. The G250 will have a smaller knob, my photo shows metal but it could also be dark black plastic. The G250HPs will have a slightly larger knob with a different shape that is obvious if you are looking for it. My photos do not do a good job of showing the knobs, but gives you the idea at least.
Yes, my regulator has the larger, plastic knob. Quite distinctive. So, I apparently have an HP which does not have the visual “designation,” as with your second HP. Thank you for the help!!

Anyone else thinking it is likely one (g250) that was upgraded (G250HP)?

I don't think a new knob came with the upgrade kit, so probably one of those interval HP's before the lettering was changed.

EDIT: Disregard this. I'm incorrect.

Reading many posts on this Board, it would appear I would be better served if it was a “straight” G250, instead of an HP. Does this group agree? If so, can it be modified back to G250? Or, should I sell it and use the other two 250’s?

Thanks for the help!!

I don't think a new knob came with the upgrade kit,

Au contraire mon frere; a major part of the so called upgrade was to throw away a perfectly good air barrel and adjustment knob so a lot of ...you know the term...could be installed in it's place. See the attached bulletin.

I think Mr. @rhwestfall is correct, or someone cannibalized a cover.

Attachments

• 266 G250G250 HP Compatibility of Upgrade Kit.pdf
    629.5 KB · Views: 225
My apologies. Right you are @couv !
I should learn to keep my mouth shut unless I really know the answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom